Senior Development Chef
Working as key member of the development team you will be responsible for all products developed from concept development through to launch and own label products.
You will be expected to receive the product brief from the Commercial team or directly from the customer, and once the brief has been approved internally, you will be responsible for the creative development aspect of the project: ideation / menu creation, concept development, kitchen recipe creation, raw material sourcing and presentation to customers. Once approved, it is expected that you attend the factory trials to oversee the production of the products to aid with its translation into the factory environment, and also be present for the product launch.
- Responsible for translating customer briefs into commercially viable, factory friendly products which delights our customer base. This includes ideation / menu creation, concept development, kitchen recipe creation, raw material sourcing and presentation to customers.
- Liaise with Process Technologist / Operations Manager and Engineering Manager to determine factory feasibility prior to being shown to the customer and throughout the launch process.
- Work with commercial and finance teams to ensure all products are commercially viable and adhere to the financial hurdles set out by the company.
- Attend scale up production runs to ensure product matches kitchen samples, and problem solve in conjunction with the process technologist / operation manager to resolve manufacturing issues that may arise.
- Ensure that all sample requests that are required by our customers are met and the product presented is representative of what is achievable at all times.
- Build and strengthen supplier relationships with new and existing suppliers, ensuring we are first to market for any new ingredients that suit our applications.
- When new raw materials are sourced it is essential to liaise with Technical and Purchasing teams to ensure they are sourced in accordance with the individual customer requirements creating Z codes and adding to the PO system where necessary.
- Ensure that all kitchen development procedures are followed, and all food prepared in the kitchen is done so in a safe and hygienic manner.
- Be an ambassador for your customer accounts. Continually building your knowledge of their ranges, ways of working & requirements and build direct contact with the relevant product developers in all areas. This also include regular benchmarking.
- Continually develop product and process knowledge in order to become an expert in all key business areas.
- Ensure that the products that are developed are best in market at all times, this may involve continual EPD and cost reduction where required.
- Proficient creative culinary skills and an accomplished foodie
- Relevant restaurant training, and or City and Guilds qualifications, recognised catering qualifications
- 5 years development / process experience in Food Manufacturing Environment
- Ability to prioritise workload & work to tight deadlines
- Eye for detail
- Team player and people manager
- PC literate
- The person needs to be fully competent with Word and Excel with the ability to upload and take photos
- Good communication / interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate across departments / suppliers and external customers
- Strong organisational and co-ordination skills to assist with managing many different projects with different customers.
- Is able to effectively time manage - To structure day efficiently with regards to differing priorities / workloads
- Working knowledge of the factory and raw materials currently used on site
- Key team player and eager to learn.
- Hardworking and passionate.
Our Referral Incentive:
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from us you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
We offer a £500 referral if you introduce someone we place - see our website for details - www.rp-ltd.com
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK