An exciting opportunity for a Financial Accountant to join a fast paced & dynamic business within a developing Finance Team.
All standard Financial Accountant duties will be expected, including;
- Preparation of monthly accounts pack including investigation & explanation of overhead spends
- Management of Sales & Purchase Ledger Roles
- Support Cost Centre Managers with understanding of actual spend versus budget
- Maintain all balance sheet reconciliations
- Monthly VAT returns
- Overview and sign-off of Supplier reconciliations
- Preparation for and lead in both Internal & External Audits
- Reporting of and recovery of alcohol duties
- Completing National Statistics returns in an accurate and timely manner
- Company vehicle & mileage management
- Manage petty cash
Skills, knowledge and experience required for this role:
- CIMA / ACCA / ACA qualified
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines
- Excellent communication & organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Proactive working style with a ‘can do’ approach
The role will also be expected to complement the team and will involve the Financial Accountant duties plus development of team and adhoc general accounting support to the Finance Team.
The individual will need to be highly numerate, have excellent attention to detail and a strong Financial Accounts background including the maintenance and implementation of good controls practice. Individual initiative is important as the continual growth of the site demands that everybody must contribute to the success of the bakery. The role requires someone who is enthusiastic and able to quickly deliver, as well as fitting in well to the team.
We believe in a truly focused way of working, so we reward your hard work and commitment with a competitive rate of pay and an excellent benefits package, including a retirement savings plan, and private medical insurance after a qualifying period.
If you wish to be considered for this position, please apply in writing with your CV and salary expectations.