Buyer - Ingredients/Raws EMEA
Title : Buyer - Ingredients/Raws EMEA
Location : Haddenham, Buckinghamshire
Do you want to save the world from boring food? Joins us and we will save you from boring work ;-)
Due to our constant growth, we are currently looking for an Ingredients and Raws buyer to join our Haddenham office. Are you fluent in English and French? Do you have a relevant experience in Raw Material procurement? Do you find yourself well in a fast paced, international work environment?
If so, you might be the person we are looking for! Our growth starts with yours.
SCOPE OF THE ROLE
Under the direction of the Head of procurement, you will be led to expand the existing offer on subjects such as Sustainability and Continual Improvement Efficiency, and to initiate new ways of sourcing by anticipating future needs of the business. You are also in charge of optimizing the processes and joining the McCormick procurement community.
The person who will join our company will:
· Optimise the procurement strategies for 1 or more EMEA ingredients/raws categories using the agreed tools to deliver value for the category and ensure supply through creation and execution of a risk management strategy for all categories
· Identify and deliver Continuous Cost Improvement opportunities for these categories
· Collaborating cross functionally to participate in optimisation projects in terms of cost, quality, service and innovation
· Use reporting tools and communicate regularly on the progress of projects to ensure successful execution of agreed procurement strategies
· Manage supplier performance against agreed objectives, putting in place corrective actions where necessary.
· Support innovation and business development through successful new product development delivery
· Support the UK business as local key contact for all EMEA Ingredients/Raws buyers for both retailers and Industries units.
· Lead procurement coordination of dedicated/appointed Ingredients/Raws projects in liaison with the EMEA co-manufacturing category buyers and business partners (NPDs and CCI)
· Graduate with a strong academic background, ideally with a Masters or MBA and ideally with Business, Engineering or Technical specialisation
· Proven performance in a procurement position, preferably of a direct industrial procurement category
· Fluent English is mandatory with the capacity to negotiate in English as this is the working language. A second language would be advantageous.
· Evidence of maturity, collaboration and communication skills (written and verbal), strong interpersonal skills, influencing ability.
· Strategic vision, capable of effectively translating it into realistic projects.
· Works with the customer in mind and manages stakeholders’ expectations appropriately
· Efficient, results and reporting orientated.
· Confident and change orientated, and comfortable within a matrix management structure in a multinational environment
· Highly competent in the use of Excel, Power Point and SAP
McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 10,000 employees around the world and more than $4.3 billion in annual sales in 2015, the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures and food service businesses.
We have a passion for flavour. The company is serving customers from nearly 50 locations in 26 countries and consumers can buy our brands in more than 135 markets and territories. Our industrial business flavours snacks, wraps, beverages and many other products for customers, which include global restaurant chains and leading food manufacturers
With approximately 3,600 employees, the company has operations in 14 countries across the Europe, Middle-East and Africa (EMEA) Zone and serves customers in more than 25 markets through its consumer and industrial businesses. McCormick is present in key consumer markets with leading brands, including Schwartz in the UK (customize with local brand). McCormick EMEA Headquarters are located in Haddenham (UK).
Our growth starts with yours. For more than 125 years McCormick has developed a rich legacy based on our belief in the “Power of People”. We have created an unusually dedicated workforce by fostering a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
As an Equal Opportunities employer, McCormick is committed to a diverse workforce.
Apply for Buyer - Ingredients/Raws EMEA
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly