Multi Skilled Engineer (Electrical Bias)
Our client is a leading food manufacturer in their area. They are currently looking for a Multi-skilled Engineer to join their team.
- Repair and maintain all equipment as assigned to you to the manufacturer’s standard as far as reasonably practicable
- Ensure that all breakdowns and repairs that are assigned to you or you attend, are left in a safe condition
- Carry out electrical testing or repair work as given to you and ensure all relevant documentation is complete
- Carry out any task given to you to the best of your ability and record all work either in a log book or computer
- Never interfere or remove any safety device without authorisation of your manager and document any change
- Work with Chief Engineer and his assistant in managing department safety standards and compliance with regulatory requirements
- Maintain relevant systems of work and record keeping as required by statutory, customer and factory requirements
- Communicate openly with team members, production managers and supervisors regarding any breakdown information and timescales to the best of your knowledge
- To be prepared to conduct internal audits within the scope provided by the company and to take part in and support customer site audits as and when requested to do so by the technical team
The ideal candidate should possess:-
- A proven track record within a food or similar FMCG manufacturing environment
- Sound knowledge of engineering and electrical work complying with Health & Safety requirements
- The ability to work on their own initiative with minimum supervision encompassing a “can do” attitude and flexible approach to work
- The ability to trace faults – root cause analysis and the importance of maintenance and performance validation
- Good engineering practices to reduce the risk of product contamination
- Must be time served in an engineering discipline.
- Ideally an HND level in a relevant engineering qualification
Rotating Days and Backs (week to week)
Indicative Salary Range: £30000 - 33000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for this position.