- Does the food industry fascinate you?
- Is it your ambition to work in Procurement?
- Do you have tenacity and a desire to learn whilst building relationships with suppliers?
If so, we'd love to hear from you as our client based in South Yorkshire is looking to recruit a Graduate Buyer. Starting off in a support function for the Procurement Team, you will work in a fast paced environment and learn all about buying commodities from around the world, from dealing with Suppliers as well as the creative people who develop recipes for the major supermarkets, it will then be your responsibility to work as part of a team to source raw materials in a challenging time where the cost in food is due to rise. You only have to look at the news to see that Inflation is on its way to all consumers in 2017 so this is a high profile role in a company that is growing due to innovation & growth into new categories.
A traditional job description won't do this opportunity justice so here is what we can tell you.
You will need to have:
- A passion for working in the food industry. This is a fast paced environment you will need to be able to work under pressure to tight time scales.
- A degree would be ideal but is not essential.
- The ability to be naturally inquisitive and want to understand & learn all about different food ingredients as well as different cultures, different economies as well as politics, and weather that has an impact on sourcing product from around the world.
- Tenacity as well as excellent communication skills. You will be dealing with suppliers through to internal stake holders, influencing skills will be needed.
- The drive & ambition to learn so when you wake up in the morning and see an important news story unfolding, you will instinctively think of the impact this will have on the business.
- Excellent attention to detail and advanced excel skills.
Everything else can be taught. How to negotiate, the science and chemistry behind the product, food manufacturing processes and so much more.
So are you now smiling now you've read this? And are you wanting to know more? Please get in touch for a conversation that could give you the career you've always wanted.
Salary: £20,000 - £23,000
Job Reference: JR11134
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Winhurst Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK. Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your application, due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
Winhurst Recruitment Limited is an Equal Opportunities employer and is committed to providing all employees with a working environment that is free from discrimination, intimidation and harassment. We value diversity and actively promote equal opportunities to all so that employees are treated equally, with dignity and respect
Apply for Graduate Buyer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly