Graduate Maintenance Engineer, FMCG, Worcestershire
Excellent opportunity for an Engineering Graduate with an electrical bias to join a successful food manufacturing business based in Worcestershire
My client is looking for an Engineering Graduate with an electrical bias to join the team at its factory in Worcestershire.
The site employs approximately fifty people and is part of a larger global group manufacturing bakery products for the major retailers.
Reporting into the Engineering Team Manager, your role will involve working with the Operations and Support teams to ensure that all engineering works are completed promptly, efficiently and to the standard required by the company.
Your key responsibilities will include;
- Undertaking PPM tasks, responding to breakdowns and formulating improved maintenance practices
- Diagnosing and repairing equipment faults efficiently ensuring the smooth running of the Engineering Request System
- Applying Continuous Improvement techniques
- Daily shift meetings
- Ensuring daily paperwork is completed accurately and all products comply with food safety, quality and legal requirements
To apply you must have the following
- Electrical Biased HNC / HND qualification or degree in mechanical or electrical engineering
- 16th edition qualification as a minimum
- Experience of undertaking periodic maintenance on electrical equipment, components and installations.
- Worked with conveyors and chain, sprocket and belt driven machinery
- Able to diagnose and repair equipment faults efficiently ensuring the smooth running of production and engineering requests.
- Proactive and ability to use own initiative.
- A Right First Time attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Literate in Microsoft Office packages and computerised maintenance management systems
- Flexibility (will be required to cover longer shifts for holiday cover)
- Actively champion H & S to ensure a safe working environment
- Ideally you will have a food industry background - industrial placement
- Knowledge of HACCP
- Flexible and adaptable with the ability to work under pressure
- A right first time attitude
Hours of work
Weeks 1&2: Monday - Friday (6am - 2pm)
Weeks 3&4: Monday - Friday (2pm - 10pm)
Weeks 5&6: Sunday - Thursday (10pm - 6am)
(37.5 hours per week exclusive of a 30 minute paid break each day)
To assist you searching for a role by location - we have added a generic postcode, when uploading the advert, that designates the centre of the county in which this job is found. You may not see this on certain job boards.
REF. NCM13563a By Focus Management
Follow Focus Management on Twitter @foodjob
Focus Management Consultants Ltd, Tel: +44 (0) 1625 560778
Apply for Graduate Maintenance Engineer, FMCG, Worcestershire
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly