An exciting NPD Technolgist vacancy within a branded food manufacturing business, which has recently become part of a much larger group.
Ambient food manufacturing.
Key role summary.
Innovation and development of new and existing products. To facilitate NPD projects within the company with tasks ranging from R&D work on a small scale through to full scale factory trails and launch. This includes collating and writing raw material specifications, supplier information and certificates of analysis.
Role involves liaising with all departments including Technical, Sales, Engineering, Procurement and Warehousing.
- Functions and responsibilities of the post
- Development and launch of new products to meet product briefs within food safety, legality and quality parameters
- Manage NPD & EPD projects from conception through to production
- Overall awareness of comparative products for all major retailers and brands.
- Keeping up to date with competitor launches, consumer trends and restaurant trends affecting consumer behaviour and food purchasing decisions, through store and exhibition visits and various related media formats.
- Comprehensive understanding of HACCP and the importance of considering HACCP in the early stages of development. HACCP team member.
- Coordinate factory trails and validations
- Identification of new raw materials for projects and liaison with procurement following material and supplier approval
- To be fully conversant with all on site manufacturing capabilities, ingredients, process conditions and parameters.
- Participate in post launch reviews, tracking post launch review actions to close out.
- Engage in research of new ingredients or processes that may provide commercial advantage
- Provide documentation and specifications for factory trials, supplier approval, raw material specifications, costing and finished products.
- Coordinate customer visits and produce and deliver presentations
- Completion of HFSS, nutrition, FE tables for new products.
- Write and maintain raw material specifications.
- Compile supplier information and certification on a year round basis and regularly updating approved supplier documents
- Produce samples for and carry out consumer research on new products in house and externally, liaising with Marketing.
- Modifying existing products and processes and developing new ones where required.
- Blue sky innovation for branded products