My Clients are looking for a NPD Technologist to join their team.
Key duties include:
- Working in the NPD lab to develop new recipes from internal and external briefs.
- Working to improve existing products by developing and improving existing recipes and processes.
- Come up with new blue sky innovation.
- Organising, attending and leading factory trials (working closely with the production team) on new products to ensure all are 100% ready for launch.
- Documenting handover packs to ensure supply chain and technical team have all information required for products.
- Researching upcoming trends and using this to drive forward company development.
- Working with the rest of the NPD team to keep the lab area clean, tidy and organised.
- Sourcing new raw materials and packaging from current approved suppliers and potential new ones.
- Ensuring all products comply fully with relevant BRC grade A standard and comply with relevant retailer COPs.
- Working with the NPD technologist to ensure all samples are despatched on time and meet quality expectations.
- Constantly reviewing and researching new packaging options.
Key skills required include:
- Min 2 years previous experience in FMCG.
- Ability to work on own initiative and take ownership of projects.
- Higher education in food technology (or similar) plus relevant experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively with existing and new suppliers.
- Work effectively with all other departments involved in the launch process.
- Competency in all Microsoft office based applications.
- Full UK driving licence an advantage.
- Ability to work to tight timelines and under pressure from retailer deadlines.
- Demonstrate an understanding of key food manufacturing and packing equipment.
Apply now if interested!
Indicative Salary Range: £20000 - 25000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for this position.