This briefly sets out the necessary background to understand how the job fits into the organisation and how it relates to other functions or jobs
currently manufactures a varied range of chilled and frozen desserts. We currently supply Asda, Tesco, Lidl & Costco.
The jobholder leads a dedicated team, rotating on a 4 on 4 off 12 hr operation, to meet production and customer demands. He/she is responsible to meet daily KPI targets such as waste and efficiencies and to drive continuous improvement. He/she will also be required to work with Technical and Engineering to meet specific customer requirements but to also recommend improvements. This role reports into the Operations Manager.
( Identifying the principal outputs required of the job which achieve the purpose of the job.)
- To establish & maintain methods to demonstrate performance monitoring.
- To plan daily production requirements.
- To be accountable and instrumental in implementing continuous improvement to reduce cost and increase efficiency.
- To implement a culture that will deliver improvements in H&S, performance and waste.
- To improve quality standards.
- Ensure all finished products satisfy customer specifications consistently.
- Ensure appropriate action is taken for any quality non conformance.
- To plan production of new product launches, packaging changes.
- To meet or exceed legislative requirements with regards to hygiene, food safety and health and safety.
- To work as team member, showing flexibility, adaptability and problem solving.
- Motivate and develop staff through detailed plans to improve the core competency of our employees.
- To be accountable for meeting Labour budgets.
- To ensure all documentation is completed correctly and signed off.
- To deliver 100% productivity in department on a weekly basis.
- To delivery 99.5% Plan Adherence.
- To maintain Hygiene and Safety Auditing at 100%.
A summary description of the main decisions that the jobholder will have to make in carrying out the accountabilities of this job.
- Decide on most effective scheduling of the processing and packing of product.
- Respond to Customer audits, site demands.
- Decide on appropriate action to be taken in the event of production failures e.g. re-arrange distribution schedules, prioritise production, negotiate delayed deliveries etc.
- Recommend procedural change.
Apply for Shift Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly