Our client is a leader in Chilled/Food to Go working with several UK Retailers. Due to expansion on product lines and growth across NPD the business require a Development Chef to join the group at this exciting time. Having regular customer facing the successful candidate needs to have a very creative and ambitious appetite for pushing food trends to the edge.
- Supporting the Head of Development, this role will face off to the major retailers and manage the day to day operation of the Development Kitchen.
- Keeping up to date with the latest trends, you must have a creative but methodical approach, with the ability to manage your time effectively.
- You will get involved in presenting new ideas to customers, selling your concepts and manage them through the whole development process.
- This will involve liaising with technical and production teams to ensure there is no compromise on quality or taste
- As part of the Site Development team provide the business with creative development that achieves the agreed gross margin and which optimises existing capabilities and site capacity.
- Contributes to the on-going “bank” of concepts that the business has at its disposal to “WOW” the customer. Proactively involved in the delivery of our “Food Culture Programme”.
- Embrace the principles of, and importance to, the role of customer category understanding and relevant customer insight so we effectively delivery development to the correct target audience.Works effectively with the Concept and Process Development teams supporting in the transfer of recipes from kitchen to factory ensuring that they maintain their culinary profile and integrity through to launch. Offers pro-active support on submissions during the launch process.
- Presents facts and ideas clearly, accurately to achieve effective communication across all business functions.
- Demonstrate knowledge and expertise within the target cuisines and in food generally. Understands the wants and needs of both internal and external customers to keep us ahead of the competition.
- Develop good customer relationships and positive company image.
- Has awareness of comparative products from all the major retailers and other food outlets and demonstrates this knowledge during product presentations internally and with the customer.
- Provides a tangible input into the on-going improvement of product quality of existing dishes as part of the Development team.
For more information please call Laura on 07711198603
Apply for Development Chef
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly