Process Development Manager
Bradgate Bakery, part of the highly respected Samworth Brothers group, one of Leicestershire’s biggest food manufacturing companies, has a Process Development Manager career opportunity to join our expanding Beaumont Leys bakery in Leicester. We offer a competitive salary with yearly pay reviews and an extensive benefits package, as well as an excellent work life balance. Our working environment is supportive and encourages our people to develop and gain skills and qualifications to achieve their full potential.
Process Development Manager - About us
Bradgate Bakery is an award winning, fast paced, highly reputable family business that is heavily expanding and continually evolving. We produce sandwiches, wraps, prepared salads, pasta pots, stir-fry and sauces, grain pouches and many other chilled foods for a leading UK retailer. Operating 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and with over 1500 employees, we are a major employer in Leicester. Continuous investment in our people and our facilities has enabled our business to grow into one of the UK's largest sandwich manufacturers with an enviable reputation for quality, consistency and innovation in a fast-moving market.
Process Development Manager - The Role
The successful Process Development Manager will play a critical role within the Technical Department. Reporting to the Site Technical Manager, your role will focus on management and co-ordination of Process Development activities for Bradgate Bakery. You will be managing the successful launch of all new and reformulated products at Bradgate Bakery – ensuring the safety, quality and legality of the products at all stages of the process along with leading, inspiring and motivating the Process Development team. Key responsibilities include:
- Managing all parts of the NPD process within Bradgate Bakery following handover from the NPD team up to the point of launch including any reformulation of existing products
- Communicating effectively with the customer on all Process Development activities in line with the agreed critical path
- Collaborative working with other site functions (predominantly QA, Purchasing, NPD and Operations) to ensure product launches and projects are delivered accurately and on time
- Management of projects related to a change in existing processes, equipment or raw materials
- Management of the Process Development team to include task and project allocation, team training, performance and development, resource management
Process Development Manager - The Successful Individual
To be successful in the role, you will have the following required skills, experience, knowledge and qualifications;
- Educated to degree level in a food related subject or an Advanced Food Hygiene qualification
- A sound understanding of HACCP and traceability
- Experience gained in a similar role from within chilled short shelf life products serving a major retail customer
- Food Labelling, retailer critical path management and customer web portal experience
- Computer literate, with strong working knowledge of Microsoft packages such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
- Successful management experience, with the ability to lead and coach a team. You will have a proactive and professional management style dedicated to achieving results and continuous improvement
Process Development Manager - The Rewards
It’s the quality of our people that’s made us successful. We encourage a culture of opportunity and learning where our people can gain skills and qualifications to achieve their full potential. We reward hard work and dedication with a competitive annual salary, retirements saving plan, non contractual; profit share, private health care, occupational health, subsidised employee restaurant, long service awards, free car parking.
This is a fantastic career opportunity – you will be joining an award winning, fast paced, highly reputable 4th generation family business that is expanding and continually evolving.
Interested? Email your up–to-date CV today!
Please note - shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 3 working days of their application.