Leading Food Manufacturer
£60,000 - £70,000 Dependent on Experience
As the Technical Controller, you will report into the Site Operations Director and be responsible for communicating and monitoring all aspects of food safety, quality and legality of the manufacturing site, setting standards, which surpass our customer’s expectations, whilst continuously driving the business strategy forward to ensure continuous improvement.
Role & Responsibilities
- Ensure all systems and controls are in place and maintained to ensure food safety.
- Ensure compliance of legislative and customer specific procedures / COP and specifications.
- Assure food and microbiological safety of all products by enforcing GMP and hygiene in the manufacturing environment.
- Ensure that quality is driven throughout the factory and that all departments have clear expectations.
- Drive both the group and site strategy forward within the business
- Maintain good customer relations
- Ensure the site is equipped to understand and communicate HACCP and related disciplines within the factory unit.
- Monitor and drive improvements by measuring KPi’s through daily, weekly, monthly reports.
- Facilitate NPD/Process Development departments during innovation, design and launch of new products.
- Ensure budget control and that there are sufficient funds to enable adequate resource.
Key Skills & Attributes
- Minimum 6 years’ experience within the food industry.
- People management experience.
- Retailer liaison
- High level ability to rationalize business situations and identify sound/strategies to resolve issues.
- Ability to identify, manage and develop key people for future bigger roles.
- Able to take key decisions, under pressure, to benefit the future of the business control.