Head of Technical
Head of Technical
Aquascot has a passion for great seafood, supplying only the highest-quality farmed fish into Waitrose, one of the UK’s premium supermarkets. Based in the Highlands of Scotland, we have a passion for quality food, sustainably produced. Aquascot are leaders in the aquaculture sector – focussing on salmon, trout but also adding value to other fish species.
As Head of Technical you will ensure that the food safety management systems, resources and facilities at work or in use by the business are in such a condition to ensure that Aquascot produces safe and legal food of a quality demanded by the customer.
- Management of HACCP within the business.
- Ensure that all products satisfy all applicable legislation and standards with regard to safety, quality and legality.
- Ensuring that the Aquascot Food Safety and Quality Management Systems are live documents that are of use, and in use within the business.
- Ensuring that the Food Safety and Quality Management Systems are complaint with all relevant legislation and 3rd Party & Customer Standards and Policies.
- Ensuring that all Staff within the Technical Department are fully trained commensurate with their activities and level of responsibility.
- Horizon scanning for emerging product safety risks.
- Customer liaison.
- Ideally degree qualified in Food Science.
- Food Safety and HACCP qualified – ideally to Level 4.
- Previous experience of running a technical department and associated budgets.
- In depth knowledge of 3rd Party Standards particularly BRC.
- Previous seafood experience would be advantageous however candidates must have previous experience within a chilled, added value retail product category.
- First class communication and presentation skills at all levels.
To apply please send a copy of your CV.
Please note all third party, direct and speculative applications / CVs will be forwarded to Eden Scott for consideration.
Aquascot is committed to being an equal opportunities employer.
Apply for Head of Technical
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly