HEALTH AND SAFETY OFFICER
Health and Safety Officer
Food Manufacturing – Chilled Foods
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Production Manager to join one of the largest and most highly reputable food manufacturers in their field.
Reporting into the Production Director you will be responsible for managing a large production team, ensuring production plans are met whilst maintaining high levels of Health and Safety, adhering to regulations and meeting quality and production targets.
To be successful in this role, you will have experience of working in a fast paced environment, manufacturing own label products – ideally within the Chilled foods industry.
- Play an active role ensuring all training regarding Health and Safety requirements meets current legislation and there is an annual refresher programme in place.
- Working alongside the departmental managers ensure there are SSOW in place for all equipment and that the relevant training is provided and that the staff are aware of their responsibilities as part of this SSOW.
- Maintain and compile Health and Safety statistics for Senior Management and Health and Safety meetings, highlighting any significant trends and occurrences.
- Keep up to date with Health and Safety Legislation and in consultation with the Health, Safety, and Sustainability Manager advise/make changes to existing practice/policies accordingly.
- Maintain a range of effective communication medium e.g. Health and Safety notice board to ensure that Managers and staff are kept up to date with Health and Safety matters.
- To promote and maintain a clean and tidy work environment, whilst following the Company’s `Clean As You Go` Policy at all times.
- To play an active role in the development of your area and the Company by discussing any identified opportunities for improvement in full and assisting in their introduction
- At least 2 years’ experience of working in a similar position.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of a production setting and the part Health and Safety plays within the environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, orally and in writing, to a wide range of people and departments both internally and externally.
- To build good relations with department Managers and effectively communicate issues/concerns within their departments positively and without alienation.
- Ability to work independently and on own initiative with minimal supervision.
- Ability to interpret safety legislation, make recommendations and communicate findings to Management/Director level for approval.
- Ability to respond flexibly to change.
- “Hands-on” approach – willing to lead by example and contribute in whatever form is required.
Apply for HEALTH AND SAFETY OFFICER
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly