Food Manufacturing – Chilled Foods
An opportunity has arisen for an Operations Manager to join of the largest and most highly reputable manufacturers in their field. Working alongside 6 other Operations Managers and reporting into the Factory Manager you will be responsible for managing a large team, ensuring production plans are met, implementing new processes and plans to increase the pace and efficiency of the work force whilst maintaining high levels of Health and Safety, adhering to regulations and meeting quality and production targets.
The ideal candidate will have experience of a fast paced work environment, manufacturing own brand products and experience of distributing into Supermarkets, ideally having previously worked in the chilled foods industry, with short shelf life experience, be technically sound, and have a passion to develop and progress the business with its sustained growth.
- Develop, train, coach and motivate the Unit Team and Operatives, in conjunction with the HR department and carry out annual performance reviews
- Optimise labour utilization by reducing absenteeism, labour turn over and holiday planning
- Advise or recommend any improvements to work methods which could improve productivity, performance or economy of operation
- Report to the Factory/General Manager immediately any occurrence that could affect the finances or security of the Company or put its name into disrepute
- Responsible for all activities within the respective business unit , across all shifts
- Is sufficiently flexible in terms of hours of work to support and cover his or her Production Manager and Operation Team Lead on their shift and other shift
- Contribute to that department/ add value by developing requisite skills in this area in line with competency framework.
- Attend/chair team meetings as required and have clear strategies for good communication between management and operatives to help maintain good industrial relations and improve overall effectiveness of the business.
- Operate at all times to the highest attainable safety standards. Instill safety conscious attitude and work methods into all staff. Monitor and maintain health and safety systems and procedures within area of responsibility.
- Ensure all products meet or exceed the agreed customer specification and quality standards.
- Optimise staffing levels needed to run efficiently and deliver strategic profit improvement plans.
- Degree calibre or equivalent qualification - desirable
- Experience managing large teams
- Experience working in the food industry within short shelf life products
- Will demonstrate previous success in setting and achieving realistic and demanding goals and targets.
- Will have raised business performance in terms of output, quality and delivery.
- Maintaining a continuous improvement ethos
- “Hands-on” approach – willing to lead by example and contribute in whatever form is required
Apply for OPERATIONS MANAGER
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly