PRODUCTION TEAM LEADER
Production Team Leader
Food Manufacturing – Chilled Foods
The opportunity has arisen for a Production Team Leader to join one of the largest and most highly reputable food manufacturers in their field. Reporting into the Production Manager you will be responsible and accountable for the production of quality productions, meeting customers’ specifications and ensuring profit and performance targets are met.
To be successful in this role, you will have experience of working in a fast paced environment, manufacturing own label products – ideally within the Chilled foods industry.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Responsible for the performance and speed of lines with the aim of maximising line efficiency.
- Monitor, control and report on the product quality of your area including product entering and leaving the area and the labelling of products.
- Work to improve the work methods for productivity, performance, safety of the operation.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with the Management in order that they are fully briefed on all aspects of line / area operations, in particular the achievement of line/ area targets, employee attitudes and product quality
- Responsible for effective shift change overs which includes paper work and machinery.
- Effectively manage the resources to ensure minimum downtime and maximum efficiency
- Attend team meetings as required and contribute to good communication between management and operatives
- Recruit Line Controllers /operatives
- To undertake any other reasonable and relevant duties as required by Management.
- Good Organisational Skills.
- Leadership experience within a manufacturing environment.
- Good PC skills.
- Problem solving and decision making skills.
- Awareness of food manufacturing industry
- Good attention to detail
- Able to use own initiative
- NVQ level 4 /ILM qualification
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate.