Location: AMT (Port based) Usual place of work will be Portsmouth OR Dover. Travel will be required between Dover and Portsmouth as required to cover holidays and sickness.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
- You will work closely with the Operations Manager to ensure the Quality department is working effectively and efficiently within the production chain with the aim to provide accurate information to our suppliers and deliver a good quality product that meets our customer expectations.
- You will be required to perform Quality control of pineapples at many stages, from incoming raw material through to positive release to customer.
Critical Success Factors
- To inspect quality and record all raw material arrivals, providing supply base and AMT management an accurate and informative Quality report.
- To ensure product within operation is worked effectively and efficiently.
- To check stock holding daily and report back to Operations Manager on any issues, shortages or damages that are found.
- To ensure finished product standards both quality/packaging and presentation meet customer requirements, ensuring QSL to customer is kept at a satisfactory level and rejections are kept to a minimum.
- Protect the interest of AMT, our suppliers and customers though supervising and monitoring the activities of the Service Site and rectifying any short-comings with service provider.
Key Result Areas:
Stakeholders and Customers
- Work alongside and support all members of the Quality Team
- Communicate internally with all departments including Operations, Logistics and Quality
- Daily communication with the Tesco Team, service providers
- Working and supporting the Operations/Quality Team
Key Performance Indicators (“KPI’s”)
- Deliver daily tasks which support and contribute to the delivery of Quality Control KPI’s.
Core Business Responsibilities:
- To inspect incoming raw material in accordance to AMT colour coding system, and set Quality control procedures.
- To supply Quality inspection reports of all incoming raw material to supply base and procurement team through AMT reporting system.
- Ensure any serious quality issues found are reported to Operations manager/QA graduate at the earliest possible stage.
- Monitor and record any deviances in colour coding during the process and report to operations and technical teams.
- Take responsibility for QC reports, downgrades or other QC queries in absence of QC administrators.
- Perform routine internal analysis i.e. sugar/acid ratios, Juice content tests, recording information on internal database.
- Monitor and manage the Quality of the produce in storage through stock re-evaluations.
- To inspect and supervise the dispatch of product to customers to include the printing and application of the box end labels and the generation and application of the SSCC pallet labels.
- To inspect the Quality, labelling and product integrity prior to dispatch to the customer - i.e. QA out loading/positive release. All to be conducted within set procedures and protocols.
- To monitor stock rotation and allocations. Reporting any issues to the Operations Manager.
- To collect samples both for customer and testing. Ensuring product meets requirements for set samples.
- The management of AMT quality data base, to ensure all arrival information is kept up to date and distributed to relevant departments.
- From data base conduct daily/ Monthly reports and any other seasonal reports as and when requested.
- Maintain “watching brief” on site issues such as Health and Safety and Hygiene and report any issues promptly to the Operations Manager.
- Keep appropriate level of communication within QC or other departments by reporting all issues or requirements to relevant people.
- Keep the site rules, personal and general cleanliness on appropriate level of work.
The above description does not necessarily itemise all jobs the jobholder will be required to do.
- Full driving licence (Confident Driver)
- IT Literate (Intermediate level in excel/word)
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience in a quality assurance role is beneficial (experience within fruit industry would be an advantage)
- Knowledge of quality control procedures.
- Experience within a production environment.
- Some experience in a supervisory role would be beneficial.
- Experience of stock taking and stock rotation.
- Basic Leadership abilities
- Excellent communication skills both one to one and in group sessions.
- Effective time management, being able to effectively deal with workload.
- Good numerical and literacy skills
- Good accuracy & attention to detail
- Good at meeting deadlines
- Good planning & organisational skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to make quick/correct decisions in difficult situations.
- Being committed and prepared to see the job through to the end
- Strong ability to coordinate and delegate
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work in a team and under your own initiative
- Positive attitude
- Hard working
- Good eye for detail
- An ability to want to work in a team and help other team members.
- Maximising Performance - Goes above and beyond his or her day to day role to support the wider team
- Leadership - Takes responsibility for making things happen
- Change Management - Embraces changes and innovates within their own role
- Team Management - Contributes positively to the team by sharing knowledge supporting others and working proactively with peers
- Succession Planning - Arranges job cover to ensure that tasks or projects are progressed during times of absence
- Policies and Procedures - Diligently follows all policies and procedures which apply to his or her job
- Cross Functional Projects - Where appropriate participates in cross-functional projects or puts self forward as technical or subject matter expert
- Communication - Uses communication methods which are appropriate to the needs of others
Apply for Quality Controller
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly