NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPER
NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPER – Based in Devon
A fantastic opportunity to join a fast-growing business and be part of an exciting challenge in which you can make a difference.
Luscombe Drinks is a family run business, located in Buckfastleigh, Devon. Since 1975, Luscombe has been crafting award winning drinks, using natural organic ingredients. To create award winning drinks, Luscombe source only the best fruit from around the world. Working directly with the growers, this ensures the fruit grows in the right climate and is harvested at the right time; for Luscombe, it’s all about the taste. The dedication and care put in to producing a bottle of Luscombe, has been rewarded with multiple accolades from The Soil Association, Fine Food Digest awards and Guild of Fine Food, among the many.
This role is crucial in the expansion of our eclectic product range and to meet current and future growth. You will be creative and innovative, have a passion for food, taste and aromas of natural origin, coupled with an academic background in Bio-chemistry or Food Science.
- Project managing NPD process
- Managing New Product Development kitchen, working with the Founder Chairman on existing and new ideas
- Responsibility for lab and quality control of all production
- Complaints investigation
- MIPS discussion with Soil Association
- Specification and quality control
- check specification and quality of product supplies (root ginger, raspberry, apples, sugar etc)
- Degree (or equivalent) in Bio-chemistry or Food Science
- A solid understanding of Laboratory practices, ideally with experience of distilling, flavour extraction and other food-related techniques.
- Great team working skills, with the ability to work on individual projects as and when required
- Excellent work ethic
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent Interpersonal skills/verbal and written communication skills
- Numerical & IT skills incl Excel
Please apply with your CV and covering letter.