Culinary Innovation Process Technologist
Be a part of a Culinary Innovation team within a progressive, profitable, privately owned business, identifying and creating new recipes, products and process improvements to launch into the major retailer brand in addition to own label.
Be hands on with direct influence and contribution towards the product range, brand and process development.
- Managing projects in the development of new products and product improvements, from initial concept brief, formulation, trial to full production
- Liaising with retail customers in the creation of new products and continuous improvement of existing sku’s.
- Providing information towards ingredient, recipe and finished product costings
- Sourcing, testing, determining the specification and specifying the use of, new ingredients, industrial natural flavourings, additives and processing aids.
- Hosting both internal and external customer product sampling panels as part of development cycle, evaluating results and achieving target product profile to achieve a successful launch.
- Liaising directly with the major retailers teams to provide Development information on your accounts to ensure good relations, service and continuous building of business.
- Maintaining awareness of industry trends, consumer requirements and the availability of novel ingredients and processing aids.
- An in-depth knowledge of the role and interaction of food ingredients, flavouring compounds, processing aids and industrial additives and preservatives, combined with attention to detail and project management experience that will cover both technology and culinary.
- Suitable qualification to HND or BSc Food Technology or related subject with experience in a similar role.
- In depth experience of successful product launches into the major retailers and compliance with documented BRC requirements and retailer culinary procedures.
- Experience of completing product and ingredient safety evaluations, sample submission forms, retailer specifications, costings analysis, and definition of meat content calculations.
- This role forms part of our new ways of working towards a more modern thinking can do will do team attitude. As part of the team there will also be the opportunity to progress and diversify in other areas of the department, this will also involve the opportunity to part of a personal development programme.
- Driving license and own transport is essential
OUR REFERRAL INCENTIVE
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from us you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest
We offer a £500 referral if you introduce someone we place – see our website for details - www.rp-ltd.com
Apply for Culinary Innovation Process Technologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly