Technical Manager (NPD)
Experienced Technical Manager with NPD Experience: Private Label Chilled Juice
Location: Chatteris, Cambridgeshire (Flexible/Remote working options possible for right candidate)
Hours of Work: 40 hours
We are one of the leading manufacturers of Chilled Juice in Europe with over 60 major retail customers. We are vertically integrated from growing, through to our state of the art processing & bottling facilities in Spain & the Netherlands. Our business growth has accelerated over the past 5 years, to a stage where we now account for over 50% of the NPD launches in Private label chilled Juice in Europe in the past 18 months. As a result we are looking for an experienced retail Technical & NPD account Manager to join the UK team. You will be working in our UK team responsible for one of our major Grocery retail customers with responsibility for delivery of the customers Technical agenda and NPD strategy.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
- Manage client interaction and expectations for research and development, NPD and technical compliance.
- Develop strong relationships with the customer as primary development and technical point of contact, facilitating regular meetings, visits and interaction.
- Support and collaborate with the AMC team in meeting the customer’s objectives for quality, safety, integrity and innovation.
- Create and execute plans to ensure we are viewed as a strategic supplier to the customer.
- Work closely with commercial and logistics colleagues to ensure customer requirements are met.
- First point of contact for retailer Technical & NPD functions.
- Manage multiple technical projects to ensure that customer commitments are delivered and the customer is regularly informed of progress.
- Manage consumer complaint monitoring and reporting.
- Ensuring compliance with customer and legal requirements.
- Keeping abreast of legal and technical information and ensuring AMC are aware of any changes.
- Manage customer audits and site visits.
- Maintaining knowledge of the product portfolio including benchmarking the product against relevant competitor products.
- Develop processes where necessary to ensure compliance and monitoring of customer requirements.
- Providing trends and market information to the customer
- Developing NPD plans in line with customer strategy, picking the relevant AMC concepts and research work
- Provide support to AMC to secure approval of new processes and first to market products.
Personal Skills and experience:
- Experience of working in a customer facing technical or NPD role with major UK retailers
- Educated to degree level with good IT skills.
- Familiarity with retailer spec and artwork approval systems would be an advantage.
- An interest in food and experience in sensory techniques would be an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills and able to work well as part of a team.
- Self-starter, able to work on own initiative with attention to detail.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with and ability to work under pressure and prioritise tasks.
- Able to travel to production sites as and when required (Spain and Holland).
- Spanish language would be advantageous.
Apply for Technical Manager (NPD)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly