Salary: Dependent on experience
Benefits: 25 days holiday per annum, company pension and bonus scheme, car allowance, healthcare package, life assurance policy, employee assistance programme & exclusive online employee benefits.
Hours: 40 hours: Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5.30pm
NWF focus on excellence in customer service, quality, innovation and people development. Operating from three state of the art factories, we are one of the most advanced fresh produce companies in the UK. We are currently looking for a Technical Manager, within the Technical Department, based at our Selsey site.
Our Technical team are a core part of our successful relationships with our customers. On a daily basis you will be responsible for all aspects of food safety, quality and legal compliance in relation to production, provide technical expertise, guidance and training to other departments. You will be a lead contact for all Customer Technical Managers you will drive customer technical policies and improvement plans through the business. You will oversee compliance of customer and industry standards through process control, training and auditing and ensure Quality Management System & HACCP systems are trained and implemented on each production facility.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about standards, improving processes and upholding quality and service through the entire lifecycle of our products. In return we offer a diverse role which will challenge you and also offer fantastic opportunities for development and career progression.
Key areas of responsibility:
- To oversee the preparation for and the delivery of the customer visits (both internal & external) and audits ensuring that all the appropriate standards/expectations for that customer are reviewed for compliance and the standards required to meet them are communicated effectively internally.
- To work with customers on joint improvement initiatives in order to secure business and develop relationships.
- Ensure the business Technical systems for capturing, logging, tracking and closing out non-conformances are audited and delivering business improvements.
- To conduct root cause analysis of major product risk issues and communicate to teams corrective actions required as a result, with follow up and close out
- To provide support to your team and your manager and provide cover during periods of absence and at times of high demand.
- Staff performance appraisals for the TTM and ensure they in turn complete the Technical Section Manager appraisals
- To undertake and communicate high level Technical reports.
- To ensure the Technical team reports are appropriate by reviewing samples and feedback to report generators on the improvements required.
- To work with site management teams and main technical teams to identify, develop and implement technical and operational improvements to products, practices, standards and equipment.
- To set and manage the Technical unit budget ensuring spend is not exceeded, whilst working with Supply Chain to reduce central costs where possible through cross functional buying.
Skills and experience required:
- Technical Management experience (customer and factory), ideally in short shelf life and high care food manufacturing
- Must have produce processing knowledge and have dealt with Retail Customer audits (MMS / TFMS)
- You will have worked within FMCG, ideally within a fresh/shilled environment on a fast moving site
- Experience in Food Safety and Quality Systems such as HACCP, Auditing , QMS, BRC, TFMS, SQMS
- Microbiology and hygiene knowledge and understanding
- Excellent linguistics skill
- Good computer knowledge especially MS Office package
- Strong people management experience and team player
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
Education and qualifications:
- Either a technical qualification (degree / HNC Level) or extensive relevant technical experience Food Safety Level 3 as a minimum
- Advanced HACCP desirable and intermediate training/certificate (essential)
- Lead Auditor qualification from a recognised training organisation (desirable)