Site Engineering Manager
Would you like to work for one of the fastest growing brands in the UK?
With significant investment across the business we are looking to attract an ambitious and challenge seeking Site Engineering Manager / Chief Engineer to lead our department to being a ‘world class’ operation. You will need to implement best practice & support the site and business strategies through the development of the team, ensuring achievement of KPI’s through continuous improvement. As Site Engineering Manager you will be responsible for the Maintenance of the building, plant and machinery and will drive the day to day decisions for the effective running of the Engineering site team and plant.
As Site Engineering Manager you will principally be responsible for:
- Develop personal coaching skills to improve team and individual performance
- Increase team participation in continuous improvement processes
- Identify and implement training and development opportunities for team & individuals
- Ensure that performance and conduct of individuals meets required standards
- Improve communications within team & with internal/external customers & suppliers
- Observe & apply all Health & Safety policies & procedures
- Manage contractors in line with company Management of Contractors procedures
- Manage & review maintenance contracts, site services & critical equipment
- Maintain site safety and security systems
- Observe and apply all Quality policies & procedures
- Ensure that quality of products meet or exceed customer expectations
- Use root cause analysis to continuously reduce factory downtime
- Key member of HACCP team
- Ensure all equipment is calibrated & maintained in line with technical requirements
- Implement effective corrective actions for non-conformances against food safety or the QMS.
- Allocate labour effectively to ensure budget is met
- Set and manage Engineering budget
- Manage costs within budget
- Propose, develop & manage capital projects
- Formulate and action succession plans for all levels creating team strength in depth
- Take lead in World Class Manufacturing initiatives
- Will be required to lead, manage and develop your team. You will need to demonstrate an energetic and positive ‘can do’ approach to man management and achieve a good balance between ‘hands-on’ & ‘hands off’ in style.
What are we are looking for in a Site Engineering Manager:
Previous food industry experience essential
An Engineering Degree or HND standard of education is desirable
A good standard of both written and oral English.
Basic Food Hygiene
Basic Health and Safety
Data and analytical skills
An understanding of SAP
To apply for the Site Engineering Manager position, please click on the ‘apply now’ button and your CV will be sent directly to the responsible recruiter. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.