Hours of Work: 40 hours, working 5 days in 7 days and includes weekend working. May be required to work additional hours dependent on business needs
Purpose of the role:-
- To lead your team to deliver customer daily orders in the most cost effective manner whilst ensuring customer specifications and compliance with our site health and safety obligations are adhered to.
- To work in collaboration and cross functionally across all Operations through the Supply Chain and departments.
Main roles and responsibilities:-
- Act as a Role model and ensure all company requirements with regards to the safety, quality and legality of the product are adhered to.
- To the lead the team to deliver a quality and customer focused efficient packing operation on a day to day basis.
- Responsible for supporting the delivery of KPI’s and working within budgetary controls.
- Responsible for the completion of all training for MM Flowers employees and Agency workers to encourage and deliver a high standard of compliance within all operational areas. Support with the development of Standard Operating Procedures bespoke to your operational areas and comply with the process flows for training.
- Supervise MM Employees on a daily basis and address employee relations working in collaboration with HR including conducting disciplinary meetings, absence meetings and supporting all other reasonable employee requests.
- Responsible for any recruitment within the department and new starter induction plans working alongside Line Management.
- Stand in for the relevant Line Manager in their absence.
- Carry out any reasonable adhoc task as requested by their Line Manager.
- Attend, participate and lead daily meetings, reporting/highlighting any areas of concern and recommendations for improvement and root cause analysis.
- Support and assist in maintaining the required hygiene (clean as you go) and safety standards within the company across all operational areas.
- To motivate and develop the team to achieve and maintain key performance indicators on a daily basis providing feedback when required
- Trained First Aid and Fire Marshall
- Liaise with the Manager on an hourly and daily basis to ensure adherence to the production schedule.
- Liaise with the Technical & Quality teams ensuring all customer specifications are met at all times.
- Record and notify any additional costs of work against the agreed process with the Managers.
- Accurately record any waste from the lines.
- Accurately record counts for returned products to Intake.
- To operate and manage the Enterprise Resource Planning System (Rubicon) as required for the production process.
- To lead the production team in delivering a quality focused and efficient packing operation on a daily basis.
- To conduct line balancing exercises against product flow and work rates.
- To motivate and develop the team to achieve and maintain key performance indicators on an hourly basis providing feedback when required.
- Responsible for checking / signing labels in / out from the print room ensuring all policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Responsible for the completion of all start-up check production sheets and ensure all morning checks are accurately and thoroughly conducted.
- Managing the Team effectively to ensure all core business activities are actioned and maintained on a daily basis.
- Work with the Technical & Quality teams ensuring all customer specifications are met at all times.
- Record and notify any additional costs of work against agreed process with their Manager.
- To operate and manage the Enterprise Resource Planning System (Rubicon) as required for the Warehouse processes.
- Good housekeeping keeping areas clean and tidy, challenging any mess. Ensure working in a clean and safe manner (Clean as you go policy).
- To lead the Warehouse team in delivering a quality focused and efficient operation on a daily basis.
- To work with the on board truck system to fully utilise it to its capacity.
- Demonstrate an awareness of temperature regimes and controls across all areas and highlight any concerns to a relevant Manager.
- Managing the compliance against customer requirements as contained within the supplier handbooks.
- Assuming responsibility for booking of all outbound transport and communicating with Hauliers on a daily basis.
- Providing clear picking instructions to the despatch team.
- Clearly communicate with the wider MM Flowers Teams, in particular Procurement and Planning Teams.
- Responsible for generating clear and accurate delivery notes and load plans.
- Assuming the role of Rubicon Expert within the Despatch Team and providing adequate training to others.
- Work with the Intake Manager/planning teams to ensure the correct stock is available for production on time with correct quantities.
- Ensuring all arrivals are booked in correctly against the expected arrivals.
- Ensure 100% pick to order process to productions lines.
- Responsible for delivering accurate stock counts and minimising waste.
- Responsible for accurate scanning to location and managing discipline in maintaining this process to encourage efficiency.
Health & Safety Responsibilities
Ensure you, your team and any visitors comply with all Health and Safety procedures in the area under your control.
Correct or report any unsafe practices or conditions.
Ensure accidents, incidents and dangerous occurrences are dealt with in accordance with company standards.
Positively promote a Health and Safety culture.
Develop a team approach to continuous improvement opportunities
Lead, support, coach and mentor your team to successfully implement lean techniques and continuously improve the process.
Help promote a continuous improvement culture throughout all areas of responsibility.
Meet targets and maintain KPI’s.
Manage and ensure full and timely completion of assigned or identified tasks.
Ensure the team clearly understand the quality standards required by our customers and the internal requirements of our quality systems and procedures.
Ensure that all customers’ specifications are adhered to at all times.
Ensure the orders of makes if and when required are followed at all times.
Hygiene and Housekeeping Responsibilities
Ensure compliance with hygiene rules and requirements.
Maintain a hygienic, clean and tidy working environment at all times.
Ensure conformance to work wear requirements.
Positively promote a culture of hygiene and housekeeping.
Understand and comply with the company environmental policy.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, whilst maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Previous experience within Fresh Produce / Food Production / FMCG environment.
- Good standard of education, specifically in English and Maths.
- Previous supervisory experience and management of a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Work on own initiative.
- Team player able to focus on departmental goals whilst respecting the needs of others.
- Able to identify opportunities for process and operational improvements and implement appropriate changes to deliver these benefits.
- Demonstrate eagerness in personal development.
- Hold a MHE Certificate (specific to Despatch and Intake).
- Ideally hold a current FLT Counter Balance, Reach or PPT (specific to Despatch and Intake)
- Behavioural safety training.
- Experience with Rubicon ERP system.
- Manufacturing for UK retailers training.
- Lean manufacturing implementations.