- Working closely with the Chief Engineer and supporting and assisting them as and when required.
- Aiding with the management of the engineering team, with hands-on approach and leading by example.
- Liaising with the Production Department to maximise production, equipment availability and minimise downtime.
- Helping to ensure that all equipment is maintained and is in good working order.
- Maintaining records.
- Aiding with maintenance of all appropriate accreditations.
- Managing and controlling projects from conception through to production.
- Managing multiple facets of projects simultaneously.
- Ensuring all facets projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Creating, requesting and analysing quote and tender submissions.
- Supervising external suppliers and contractors within all site activities and operations to make daily production and maintenance requirements of the factory.
- Managing change requests.
- Investigating problems and/or complaints.
- Assisting with the specification and design of new machinery.
- Coordinating and managing all external Mechanical Handling Equipment (MHE) and enabling work suppliers.
- Overseeing the technical delivery of any new equipment installed on site.
- Providing technical support to the Manufacturing Department and to customers.
- Supporting the sites continuous improvement activities.
- Supporting the sites maintenance function as and when required including troubleshooting, management support and writing maintenance routines.
- Ensuring that Health and Safety and Food Hygiene regulations and standards are adhered to.
- Working closely with Business Project Managers to guarantee the successful delivery of the engineering elements of project including ensuring any CDM and NEBOSH requirements are fulfilled.
- To assist in site guidance to embrace best practices and polices.
Desirable Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Recognised engineering qualification.
- A sound knowledge of continuous improvement techniques such as root causes analysis, machinery reliability, maintenance etc.
- Proficient IT Skills including CAD Design packages such as AutoCAD is desirable.
- Knowledge and experience of the machinery in a modern processing plant is essential.
- Management experience is essential.
- Previous experience of food processing equipment is essential.
- Experience of working within a FMCG is essential.
- A team player with a strong sense of personal responsibility/ownership who can also work independently.
- A passion for delivering results and the drive to exceed expectations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong planning and organisational skills with a sense of priority for deadlines and attention to detail.
- A proactive thinker with excellent decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Professional approach and attitude.
- A can do approach with a positive service delivery and personable attitude at all times.
- Commitment to workload with flexible approach to working hours including weekends as required.
Other Relevant Information:
- There will be a requirement for the post holder to be flexible with their working hours to fit with the needs of the project and the business.
- Full driving licence would be preferred.
- The post holder must be willing to travel as and when it is required.
Apply for Engineering Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly