Our Client is a dynamic, international business owning both iconic branded and own label products.
Working within the Innovation & Product Development team, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting and developing growth through exceptional delivery of leading product development for both branded and own-label products within a wide variety of product areas.
This role supports the Product Development Manager to manage EPD and NPD projects from concept/brief through to samples and 1st commercial production, working closely with the commercial, finance, operations, technical, procurement and supply chain teams.
This role may be customer facing (retail, foodservice and co-pack) and you will be required to manage queries and routine meetings as necessary. With sufficient experience, Product Developers may be assigned to lead specific projects or customer accounts. The role would suit an analytical and technically-minded individual with a keen eye for detail.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Recipe development.
- Recipe cost optimisation/reduction
- Managing and ordering raw materials samples
- Ensuring recipes can be scaled up in both kitchen and factory.
- Preparing product costings.
- Carrying out factory trials
- Creating & managing product paperwork and systems input.
- QAS creation and shelf life study
- Sending product samples
- Understanding product development, stage gate, costing and technical processes
- Supporting PD Manager in adhering to procedures in line with critical paths and assisting with customer presentations etc
Key Attributes include:
- Food Science or related science degree.
- Some experience in a similar product area or R&D field
- An analytical and technically-minded hands-on individual with a keen eye for detail
- Team player
- Highly ambitious FMCG organisation with an expectation of high growth plans
- Turnover in excess of £100m
- Have engaged in a rapid acquisition and organic led growth strategy
- Creating new opportunities for energetic, innovative and forward thinking people to join their UK operating division.
Requiring very occasional travel to group team meetings across the sites, the role attracts a salary of £23 - £28k with 25 days annual holiday, contributory pension and company bonus scheme
If this role is of interest, then please email me AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4077 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.