Senior Product Developer
Our Client is a dynamic, international business owning both iconic branded and own label products.
Working within the Innovation & Product Development team, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting and developing growth through exceptional delivery of leading product development for both branded and own-label products within a wide variety of product areas.
This role supports the Product Development Manager with hands-on management of EPD and NPD projects from concept/brief through to samples and 1st commercial production, working closely with the commercial, finance, operations, technical, procurement and supply chain teams.
This role is customer facing (retail, foodservice and co-pack) and will deputise for NPD Manager when necessary. You will need a good understanding of product development, stage gate, costing and technical processes. The role will be a retailer facing and will ensure delivery of projects for your specific account across 3 sites. It would suit a candidate with excellent technical and analytical skills.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Brand & own-label NPD Account Management
- Managing Kitchen Assistant
- Recipe development / cost optimisation/reduction.
- Managing and order raw materials samples
- Ensuring recipes can be scaled up in both kitchen and factory
- Preparing product costings and carry out factory trials
- Creating & managing product paperwork and systems input
- QAS creation and completing shelf life study
- Managing sample requests and product library store
- Setting up benchmarking sessions
- Reporting innovation /trends to the key accounts
- Be creative: think of new recipes / ideas for using the product range
Key Attributes include:
- Food Science or related science degree.
- Several years’ experience in a similar product area or R&D field.
- Analytical and technically-minded individual with a keen eye for detail, hands on and a team player.
- Highly ambitious FMCG organisation with an expectation of high growth plans
- Turnover in excess of £100m
- Have engaged in a rapid acquisition and organic led growth strategy
- Creating new opportunities for energetic, innovative and forward thinking people to join their UK operating division.
Requiring some travel to other sites as well as customers’ offices, the role attracts a salary of £31-38k with 25 days annual holiday, contributory pension and company bonus scheme
If this role is of interest, then please email me AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4073 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.