Location: UK or Central Europe / Salary: Highly competitive
Our client’s philosophy is to be recognised as an outstanding, market-led grower and supplier of sustainable, healthy fresh produce, and to be at the forefront of the industry in everything they do, they are certainly achieving this so far.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work in Czech or Poland as a Commercial Manager for their Chilled Convenience Foods Europe, the successful candidate will be fast thinking and customer focused.
The successful candidate will manage a major multiple account across Czech, Poland, Slovakia and Hungary ensuring its success for both the company and retailer. This will require planning, coordination and problem solving through the supply chain as well as managing the commercial relationship and category performance. Effective interaction and management will be key to the success.
The successful candidate will report to the MD of Europe’s Chilled division, and will line manage an Implant, so effective, clear, and consistent communication skills are essential.
We’re looking for someone who is confident, thrives in challenging environments, and is keen to take responsibility and ownership to drive business growth.
The role requires someone who is proactive in their approach to identify and solve any issues that may occur, as well as seek out opportunities for improvement. The following skills are key for the successful candidate:
- Business strategy and planning; be involved in the strategy and objective strategy setting
- Commercial management; manage, co-ordinate, and communicate pricing
- Project management and co-ordination of activities; follow up plans to ensure they are completed and find solutions to any problems that arise
- Category management; look at existing product lines with and improve and develop our current supply
- Performance; define success for the company and the customer and measure on performance
- Communication & relationships; develop and strengthen relationships with relevant stakeholders
- People management; set clear expectations for those reporting to the role
- New business development; look to the future for other opportunities to develop business and to evaluate others that should be involved
This role is a great opportunity for someone who wants to establish strong growth in areas where the business is not currently very involved. The candidate will be very much responsible for the initial growth stages, as well as the support and management behind, ensuring exceptional service is delivered to the customer.
Knowledge and Experience required:
- At least three years’ experience of managing major retailers in FMCG
- Willingness to live and work in Central Europe
- Good problem solving
- Strong communication skills
- Language skills in Czech, Polish or Hungarian essential
Hours of work: Monday to Friday – 40 hours per week. However, flexibility is essential due to the nature of the business and the role.
Apply for Commercial Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly