Commercial Manager, Food Packaging, Herefordshire
Are you an experienced Commercial Manager with packaging or food experience? Apply below to seize the opportunity to join a market-leading company!
Leading the way in innovation, quality and service, this highly respected, international packaging manufacturer has an excellent reputation servicing some of the best-known names in the food, beverage, medical and personal care markets.
There is currently an opportunity for a Commercial Manager to join the business, specifically for the company's fresh food and dairy department. The successful candidate will be directly responsible for managing a team of five, consisting of a New Business Project Manager, Commercial Analyst and a team of three Estimators.
You will be responsible for implementing the commercial business process, leading to opportunities for new business, which in turn will support the group management team with their profitable development agenda.
The ideal candidate will either have a background in packaging manufacturing for food markets OR will have worked for a food manufacturer, with specific experience of fresh and dairy markets.
As part of the Senior Management Team, there is genuine opportunity to progress into a higher managerial position.
- Act as a bridge between the sales team and the company to ensure objectives are clear and met in all areas
- Formulate a strategy for contract negotiations for new business
- Ensure full alignment with the Business Agenda
- Ensure that all data is up to date and reliable
- Produce monthly and quarterly reviews for estimated monthly sales for the site
- Development the talent within the sales team
- Motivate, encourage and inspire the sales team
- Ensure that actions agreed with customers are completed efficiently, within set timescales
- Value Plus experience is key
- A minimum of several years' experience in a Commercial / Senior Sales role is required
- A degree level qualification is desirable but is not essential
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to drive process
- Commercial acumen with a strong ability to drive process
- A history of building successful working relationships
- An ability to adapt in a fast-paced environment
- You will be able to influence others, regardless of level
- You will be driven by success
Further information on location is available upon application.
To assist you searching for a role by location - we have added a generic postcode, when uploading the advert, that designates the centre of the county in which this job is found. You may not see this on certain job boards.
REF. YEB13701 By Focus Management
Follow Focus Management on Twitter @foodjob
Focus Management Consultants Ltd, Tel: +44 (0) 1625 560778