Commercial Manager, West Midlands
Commercial Manager required for an international business supplying innovative printed packaging solutions into food and beverage markets.
Our client is a market-leading, international business, supplying innovative printed packaging solutions into food, beverage, personal care, medical and pharmaceutical markets.
An opportunity has arisen for a Commercial Manager to be based out of the West Midlands site. You will be responsible for working closely with group management teams to implement commercial business processes. This will result in new business opportunities which will in turn support the group management team with a profitable development agenda.
The successful candidate will be directly responsible for a team of four. For the right candidate there is a genuine opportunity to progress to a higher managerial position.
You will have a proven background working in a Commercial Management / Senior Sales role within the packaging or food industry, with experience of managing a team.
- To drive the Commercial discipline and culture to ensure full alignment with the Commercial and Business Agenda
- To support the sales team to ensure smooth alignment between the team and company's objectives
- To work with the sales team in analysing new opportunities with customers and help in formulating a strategy for contract negotiations
- To help to ensure that actions for customers are implemented within agreed time scales
- To produce a monthly review of estimated monthly sales for the site
- To be responsible for ensuring reliability of commercial data
- To preform quarterly performance reviews with the site General Manager and Finance Manager
- To motivate and inspire your team, ensuring development of talents and key skills
- You will have a minimum of two years of experience in a Commercial or Senior Sales role
- The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level, although this is not essential
- You will have a strong ability to drive process
- You will be goal driven with the ability to influence others
- Ability to build strong working relationships both internally and externally
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced environment
- Possess a good working knowledge of plant products, customers and processes
- Strong commercial acumen, analytical and IT skills
Further information on location is available upon application.
To assist you searching for a role by location - we have added a generic postcode, when uploading the advert, that designates the centre of the county in which this job is found. You may not see this on certain job boards.
REF. YEB13701 By Focus Management
Follow Focus Management on Twitter @foodjob
Focus Management Consultants Ltd, Tel: +44 (0) 1625 560778