QA Team Leader
QA TEAM LEADER
North West | Perm | £27,000
Our client is one of the fastest growing and most innovative, award winning retailers producing a range of products from pizzas to ready meals based in the North West. The business has been recognised as one of the best companies to work for in the UK
Our client is a successful and growing business and to maintain their momentum they help all their people to fulfil their ambitions and realise their full potential. They take pride in training and developing their people with a strong focus on promoting within. Not many people plan to stay forever, but with fantastic career prospects, great rewards and a hard-to-be-beaten culture, they are proud of the high number of long-servers and low labour turnover within the business
As QA Team leader, you will be responsible for assigned Quality Assurance and Quality Control tasks through direct reports to ensure product conformity, auditing of factory environment, effective management of non- conforming stock and full compliance with QA/QC control plans. You will also be providing essential support to the QA Manager and QA/Technical team with close liaison with Operational, Engineering and NPD Teams.
- First port of call for the QA/QC team for support on day to day issues and providing governance on Quality matters
- To assist QA Manager with reviews and auditing of corrective/ preventative actions arising from FANCs, complaints, and concessions
- To monitor and challenge GMP and GHP standards in the factory and report trends with follow up action plans.
- To assist with customer complaint investigations and data collation. This may involve a cross functional team
- To deputise for the QA Manager as appropriate and necessary.
- Co-ordinate training for factory QA/QC team and pass records to Training
- To plan and carry out internal annual audits on the Quality Management System, as set out in the BRC protocol, raise relevant non-conformances, follow up on outstanding actions and ensure all non-conformances are signed off in a timely manner
- Food Science related degree
- Relevant QA Experience in a food manufacturing environment is a must
- Strong knowledge and experience of HACCP and BRC standards
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong time management ability and an eye for detail
- Good team player
- Self-starter and ability to work well under pressure
If you wish to be considered for this opportunity, please apply below or alternatively apply directly via email to firstname.lastname@example.org