Technical Compliance Officer
A growing family business with a wealth of experience in Retail Food Service.
We work with major retailers across the U.K and have invested in a dedicated production facility to support our YoY growth.
We specialise in meat/poultry products both plain and marinated with a capacity to process over 5000 birds per hour.
Company Turnover: £20m+
Workforce: 200+ colleagues across 20 sites
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and dynamic individual who can adapt and grow as our business grows. The ideal candidate should be happy to work in a fast past environment and hungry for a challenge.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
You will oversee compliance of customer and industry standards through process control, training and auditing and ensure Quality Management System & HACCP systems are trained and implemented on each production facility. You’ll also be the one that ensures all processes meet legal requirements.
You’ll be managing the day-to-day activities of the company technical department and leading and developing a team of quality assurance and hygiene staff. As well as this, you’ll also help with strategic company developments and act as a senior representative at various site visits and inspections.
You will be someone who is passionate about standards, improving processes and upholding quality and service through the entire lifecycle of our products. In return we offer a diverse role which will challenge you and also offer fantastic opportunities for development and career progression.
WHAT WILL BE EXPECTED OF ME?
As a Technical Compliance Officer, you’ll probably have had extensive previous experience of managing technical processes within the food sector and it’s very likely that your basic qualification is a food-related degree.
You’ll need to be an expert in different legislative standards and requirements affecting the sector of the industry that we’re working in.
You’ll be someone who is able to make quick accurate judgments and back these up with facts and information without losing focus on the detail.
You’ll be exceptionally well-organised and motivated. You’ll need to be at the top of your game to work effectively.
You can expect lots of different issues to cross your desk at any time and you will have to be able to deal with pressure and make decisions that could have far-reaching implications.
As a manager you’ll be expected to lead a team so both experience and the ability to communicate professionally and competently are key attributes for the role.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Your work will be based around Quality Assurance activities with additional technical responsibility for such things as company hygiene management and finished product specifications.
You will be expected to complete the following:
- Directing the company’s quality management system to ensure compliance with standards such as those set by the British Retail Consortium (BRC), Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point(HACCP) procedures on food handling
- Reviewing existing policies and planning how to improve quality management systems.
- To conduct root cause analysis of major product risk issues and communicate to all teams corrective actions required as a result, with follow up and close out
- To undertake and communicate high level Technical reports. • To work with site management teams and heads of functions to identify, develop and implement technical and operational improvements to products, practices, standards and equipment.
- Ensure that central teams are fully supporting the site in terms of Supplier Management, Purchasing, Raw Material control and Legislative matters.
- Development of action plans with site management teams to address issues that arise as a result of site assessment or through other means.
- Demonstrating expertise on BRC auditing, Customer Specification's, Critical Control Points, HACCP, GMP and quality hygiene auditing.
- Representing the business on all technical-related matters • Support and challenge of category and business unit technical standards.
- Ensuring all staff are competent to do their jobs properly and able to develop in their roles
- Managing company hygiene, quality and laboratory activities • Liaising closely with senior company management and suppliers
- Provide an efficient working atmosphere to project teams and ensure objectives are met within stipulated time
Skills and experience required:
- Technical Management experience (customer and factory), ideally in short shelf life and high care food manufacturing • Must have produce processing knowledge and have dealt with Retail Customer audits (MMS / TFMS)
- You will have worked within FMCG, ideally within a fresh/shilled environment on a fast moving site
- Experience in Food Safety and Quality Systems such as HACCP, Auditing ,QMS, BRC, TFMS, SQMS
- Microbiology and hygiene knowledge and understanding
- Excellent linguistics skill
- Good computer knowledge especially MS Office package Strong people management experience and team player
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
Education and qualifications:
- Either a technical qualification (degree / HNC Level) or extensive relevant technical experience Food Safety Level 3 as a minimum
- Advanced HACCP desirable and intermediate training/certificate (essential)
- Lead Auditor qualification from a recognised training organisation (desirable)
The incumbent must also demonstrate the following personal attributes: ⎫ be honest and trustworthy ⎫ be respectful ⎫ possess cultural awareness and sensitivity ⎫ be flexible ⎫ demonstrate sound work ethics.
Apply for Technical Compliance Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly