Key Tasks / Drivers:
- Control and reduction of Production, Blending and Hygiene costs.
- Enhancement of the areas internal and external customer service.
- To support policies and procedures relating to improving Health & Safety, Quality, absenteeism, stock accuracy etc.
- Attend cross-functional working teams to encourage teamwork and ensure productivity targets are met.
- Motivating, organising and encouraging teamwork.
- Support the Operations Director in their daily duties in operational areas.
- Ensuring quality, delivery objectives are met.
- Ensuring the health and safety, cleanliness and security of the work environment.
- Lead the Company Hygiene team to deliver outstanding levels of hygiene within a safe working environment.
- Supply Production Manager holiday cover.
Health & Safety
- To lead for the effective Health & Safety of self and others in line with H & S at Work Act 1974 and other relevant safety legislation.
- Implementation of clear policies and procedures to deliver acceptable accident frequency rates for the business.
Develop and Facilitate Strategic Operational Plan
- Establish “Critical Success Factors” (CSF’s) for business success.
- Implementation of modern manufacturing tools & techniques (TPM, TQM etc.).
- Develop and deliver fulfilling objectives set in conjunction with the business needs.
Drawing Knowledge from Others
- Establishing and maintaining standards and best-proven practice across all departments.
- Learning from and sharing own experience with others.
Communicating with and Developing Others
- Effectively communicate with other departments, staff groups, customers and suppliers.
- Ensure business performance and changes are communicated in a timely and clear manner.
- Maintain positive, professional working relationships with all internal and external parties
- Liaise with suppliers and contractors.
- Liaise with internal customers (e.g. Supply Chain, Finance).
- Liaise with external customers/suppliers (benchmarking).
- Actively seek to identify own development needs and take responsibility to address these.
- Seeks 360-degree feedback and constructive criticism.
- Seeks Knowledge required to progress operational effectiveness.
- Effectively lead on-going team and individual performance.
- Monitors and reviews team effectiveness on a regular basis taking decisive action to maintain high performance.
- Seeks to develop teams and individuals through training needs aligned with business strategy.
- Motivates, encourages high performing teams through coaching/mentoring techniques.
The following areas are most important to gain a high level of competence.
Analysis and Problem Solving
- Familiar with and experience in using modern manufacturing problem solving techniques.
- Instructs and guides others on what to do.
- Leads, motivates and enthuses individuals.
- Briefs others correctly and at a level dependant on the knowledge of the audience.
- Coaches others and is prepared to challenge
- Able and prepared to share knowledge and skills.
- Applies relevant knowledge, skills and procedures to all aspects of the job.