National Account Controller – B2B
Position: National Account Controller – B2B
Based: Haddenham, Buckinghamshire
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
If you come from sales background from consumer / retail or B2B or even purchasing background and are looking for a new challenge, then we would like to hear from you!
Reporting to the Commercial Director, this role manages and leads the activities for one or more of McCormick’s strategic accounts working at the highest levels of the internal and external organisation for our Industrial / B2B business.
Our Industrial business covers sales to food manufacturers, quick service restaurants and Foodservice distributors. Our EMEA Foodservice business provides foodservice distributors with a large range of wet and dry products mainly in the UK, France and Switzerland through our foodservice owned brands including Schwartz, Bick’s, Noël’s, Thai Kitchen, Ducros, Vahiné, McCormick etc. The Industrial business serves international food manufacturers and quick service restaurant chains spanning across the EMEA Zone. Our Industrial business growth is driven by our ability to deliver successful and timely product innovations and to build close and sustainable relationships with our customers.
- Operating a customer intimacy approach, identifies and interacts with key influencers in Strategic Account Organisation
- Coordinates an internal direct and indirect team in developing and meeting value proposition of customer through cross-functional participation
- Develops and grows opportunities in the Strategic Account Organisation that are consistent with EMEA Industrial capabilities and competencies
- Manages the European P&L of EMEA Account
- Works collaboratively with the Commercial Director to develop account strategy and updates internal Senior Leadership on progress
- Follows up on progress of projects and communicates within customer's organisation
- Facilitates and coordinates internal functional responses to service failures, issue resolution, and commercialisation activities
- Maintains external awareness of markets, products, processes, competitors
- Presents to customer on new trends, concepts and innovation
- Coordinates and participates in customer projects
- Contributes to the continuous improvement of commercialisation process
- Manages the activities and performance of the Account Managers in the team including OGSM setting; performance appraisals and ensuring development of the team
- Bachelor's Degree a minimum
- Relevant sales and/or marketing experience with a history of increased responsibility and record of achieving successful results in large, complex, and multi-national retail, food and/or beverage accounts
- Fundamental knowledge of business principle's
- Proven experience of successfully influencing actions through others and the ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Experience of operating in a matrix environment
- Good understanding of markets, products, processes, competitors, and customers
- Strong negotiation and communication skills with the ability to conduct price negotiations, solve problems and respond to quality issues.
- Experience of prioritising customer projects and business opportunities.
- Understands a Customer intimacy approach
- Strategic thinker and excellent relationship building skills, that include global networking
- Motivational leadership style
- Passion for achieving excellence and driving a performance culture
- Team player attributes
- Integrity, credibility, and trustworthiness
- Excellent financial skills
McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 10,000 employees around the world and more than $4.2 billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures and food service businesses.
We have a passion for flavour. The company is serving customers from nearly 50 locations in 24 countries and consumers can buy our brands in more than 135 markets and territories. Our industrial business flavours snacks, wraps, beverages and many other products for customers, which include global restaurant chains and leading food manufacturers
With approximately 3,800 employees, the company has operations in 13 countries across the Europe, Middle-East and Africa (EMEA) Zone and serves customers in more than 25 markets through its consumer and industrial businesses. McCormick is present in key consumer markets with leading brands, including Schwartz in the UK (customize with local brand). McCormick EMEA Headquarters are located in Haddenham (UK).
Our growth starts with yours. For more than 125 years McCormick has developed a rich legacy based on our belief in the "Power of People". We have created an unusually dedicated workforce by fostering a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
As an Equal Opportunities employer, McCormick is committed to a diverse workforce.
Apply for National Account Controller – B2B
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly