Senior NPD Technologist
Senior NPD Technologist required, those who don’t love cake need not apply – £30,000 - £35,000 basic salary – South Yorkshire
Our client is a leading bakery business based in South Yorkshire. They supply many of the UK’s leading cake brands into the retail sector. If you truly are a cake lover then you’re already sold by now, but just in case…
They are not only a leading cake brand, but also have truly industry leading NPD facilities to work out of and spend vast sums of money in said facilities, research and development.
The Job – Senior NPD Technologist
Reporting into a Senior NPD Manager your duties will include –
- Develop new products, working concept to launch on a project basis
- Acting as the link between customers and different departments – This is a customer focused position and you will spend time visiting customers to make sure that their needs are fully understood and relayed back to the NPD team.
- Working in a cross functional manner, you will liaise between different teams in different departments to ensure that the needs of the client are being met
- Deputise for the Senior NPD Manager as and when needed (progression opportunity!)
- Conduct factory trials and feasibility assessments
- Did we mention cake?
- Must love cake and be passionate about making cakes
- Must be a ‘foodie’, and someone who is either operating at Senior NPD Technologist level, or someone who can demonstrate that they are ready to step up
- Commercial bakery experience isn’t a prerequisite, those with Food NPD experience and a passion for baking will still be considered
- Candidates will be confident in front of customers and embrace what is a very ‘customer first’ culture
- This is a role that offers fantastic progression routes and the opportunity to work in what is objectively speaking, a world class bakery facility – candidates must be career orientated and serious about a career in Product development
- A relevant degree is essential
If you’re a bakery enthusiast who wants a company that will take your CV and career to the next level than see below for how to apply. Applications from people without NPD experience won’t be considered, you don’t necessarily need to be a Senior New Product Development Technologist, what matters is that you believe you’re capable of operating at that level, so we would still encourage applications from food NPD Technologists who are ambitious.
If you don’t have experience in a food production NPD role then you will not be put forward for interview. If you’re currently working in a Food NPD environment but you’re not sure whether or not you meet the brief then please call us on +44 (0) 845 4379 770, quoting reference number 11/14173/7 for more information
If you do not hear back within 7 days the relevant consultant has decided not to progress with your application. We are a specialist in the consumer sector and as such most of our vacancies require candidates with experience in the consumer market. We will therefore retain your details and contact you if we can be of some assistance to you in your search.