The Source is one of the newest additions to the highly respected Samworth Brothers group portfolio, one of the UK’s biggest food manufacturing companies. We have an exciting opportunity for a Materials Planner in a growing and dynamic business.
The Source, is a New Product Development Centre based in Nottingham. The site was opened in October 2016 for testing new markets and equipment. Employing around 50 people once fully operational, The Source will be a place where fresh ideas mix with raw ingredients to create new dishes and products for the Group and its customers.
The Role - Reporting to the Site Director, the successful Materials Planner will play a critical role within this new site. You will effectively plan and maintain inventory levels of raw and packaging material within the facility and production scheduling. You will liaise with our suppliers to ensure materials are delivered as required, and will be responsible for the overall communicating with stakeholders to ensure effective plan and cost controls are maintained and improved.
- Stock control of all Packaging and Ingredient items on site and at Supplier
- Issue orders to Suppliers and make sure inbound materials are scheduled to meet production demand
- Ensure we maintain the correct inventory levels for all items - updating systems daily ensuring the integrity of information used to place orders of raw materials and packaging with suppliers
- Taking appropriate actions as required (order increase/decrease, close communication with suppliers and production/planning team, forecast maintenance, etc.)
- Review daily production plans to ensure schedules have been planned to the most Labour efficient standard maintaining technical standards for the business and maintaining vehicle out loading times to ensure 100% customer service
- Ensure line schedules reflect Material stock holding and ability to make
- Contribute to the businesses labour targets through the production plans
- Develop MRP systems and processes across our packaging and ingredient items
- Daily review of goods destroyed and stock at risk reports to minimise waste
- Identification and resolution of day to day Issues
- Ensure creation and maintenance of BOM’s
- Ensure Production, procurement and scheduling plans are regularly updated to reflect changes as advised
- Ensure the appropriate control and efficient utilisation of raw materials and packaging
- Monitor Key Performance Indicators set by your Manager, and report upon daily and/or when requested
- Attend Daily/Weekly meetings and advise on materials/stock situation as required
The Successful Individual will have the following required skills, experience, knowledge and qualifications;
- Planning and stock control experience gained from within the chilled food manufacturing industry
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship building and influential skills
- Strong organisational skills with proven ability to prioritise and proactively manage multiple tasks whilst able to plan ahead
- Self-driven, positive and friendly character who is analytical and thinks out of the box - always encouraging continuous improvement, proactive in approach, and can manage change
- Highly numerate & literate, with advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office such as Excel (able to create spreadsheets, formulas, pivot tables, Visual Basics (Macro’s), Outlook, Word, Powerpoint
- Full driving licence with the willingness to work flexibly
It’s the quality of our people that’s made us successful. We encourage a culture of opportunity and learning where our people can gain skills and qualifications to achieve their full potential. We reward hard work and dedication with a competitive annual salary, retirements saving plan, non contractual; profit share, private health care, occupational health, subsidised employee restaurant, long service awards, free car parking.