Technical Account Manager
The Technical Account Manager is required to build and maintain strong relationships with the company’s customer base working on the Tesco and/or Aldi accounts. The post holder will predominantly be responsible for managing the technical aspects relating to one customer. However, there will be a requirement for the post holder to have a sound understanding of all the company’s customers, to enable them to aid the Technical Manager with managing these accounts when required.
The Technical Account Manager is responsible for managing customer accounts on a day-to-day basis. This will be predominately achieved by:
- Building strong technical relationships with the customer in order to develop joint technical business plans and strategies whilst also being responsible for delivering the day to day technical agenda.
- Providing a full technical service which satisfies customer needs.
- Holding regular technical and quality reviews with the Technical Manager to ensure ongoing compliance to all customer standards are met whilst delivering continuous improvement.
- Maintaining all customer specific documentation, including QAS documents.
- Fully understanding and communicating all customer technical requirements and customer codes of practice.
- Ensuring that customer specifications are completed accurately, approved, reviewed and issued in a timely manner along with checking the artwork and legal requirements.
- Coordinating and attending all technical visits to the site.
- Ensuring that all customer technical queries and problems are answered and resolved in a timely manner.
- Completing trend analyses for customer complaints.
- Reviewing and reporting on customer key performance indicators (KPI's).
- Working closely with production and commercial colleagues in the procurement and sales departments.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong planning and organisational skills with a sense of priority for deadlines and attention to detail.
- Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills.
- A passion for delivering an outstanding customer experience.
- Ability to be flexible to meet business needs.
- A passion for delivering results and the drive to exceed expectations.
- A team player.
- Self-motivated and a strong commitment to personal development.
- Professional approach and attitude.
- Previous experience working in a technical role
- Previous experience of working in the food industry
- Food related qualifications
- Account Management or customer facing experience with retailers (Tesco and Aldi) - desirable but not essential
To apply for this position please apply with an up to date CV and salary expectations to email@example.com or call Shaun Levy on 0115 824 7100 for more information.
If you have not received a response directly from DK Associates (Food Division) within 10 working days then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful.