Personnel Advisor - Bradgate Bakery
Bradgate Bakery, part of the highly respected Samworth Brothers group, one of Leicestershire’s biggest food manufacturing companies, has a Personnel Advisor opportunity to join our expanding Beaumont Leys bakery in Leicester. Our working environment is supportive and encourages our people to develop and gain skills and qualifications to achieve their full potential. We offer excellent work life balance as well as competitive remuneration.
Personnel Advisor - About us
Bradgate Bakery is an award winning, fast paced, highly reputable family business that is heavily expanding and continually evolving. We produce sandwiches, wraps, prepared salads, pasta pots, stir-fry and sauces, grain pouches and many other chilled foods for a leading UK retailer. Operating 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and with over 1500 employees, we are a major employer in Leicester. Continuous investment in our people and our facilities has enabled our business to grow into one of the UK's largest sandwich manufacturers with an enviable reputation for quality, consistency and innovation in a fast-moving market.
Personnel Advisor - The Role
The successful Personnel Advisor will play a critical role within the Personnel Department, responsible for supporting a busy personnel team across two sites you will be providing a professional, comprehensive and efficient Personnel service. You will be involved in all aspects of a generalist Personnel function; supporting managers with case management to include performance, misconduct and grievance meetings, management and coordination of sickness absence cases, general personnel administration, update and maintenance of the electronic personnel system, and the production of departmental and business statistical information and reports.
Personnel Advisor - The Successful Individual
To be successful in the role, you will have the following required skills, experience, knowledge and qualifications;
- Experience gained in a similar dedicated generalist HR function and ideally have a CIPD accreditation (or studying towards)
- Experienced in case management to include conducting performance, absence, misconduct and grievance meetings
- Good working knowledge of employment legislation
- Proven ability to build effective interpersonal relationships
- Computer Literate, with working knowledge of Microsoft packages such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access and experience of computerised personnel administration systems
- Full driving licence would be advantageous and the ability to work flexibly
Personnel Advisor - Working Hours
This is a full time, 9 month fixed term contract covering maternity leave. Working 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday, 2pm - 10.30pm (however a later start time can be considered i.e. 4pm).
This is a fantastic career opportunity – you will be joining an award winning, fast paced, highly reputable 4th generation family business that is expanding and continually evolving. Email your CV today!