CATEGORY MANAGER – TESCO
4 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Category Manager – Tesco
Excellent salary + car + bonus + benefits
North West / West Midlands
Our client is an international blue-chip business who boast one of the UK’s most loved and most frequently purchased brands. This is a business that drives innovation within the category to deliver growth and has also expanded through strategic acquisition. They are a hugely ambitious organisation that continuously strives for success in order to maintain their market leading position. You can expect a fast paced environment where decisions are made quickly along with a fun and open culture.
You will take responsibility for our client’s largest customer – Tesco. As a result this position holds significant responsibility. Expectations are to spend significant time with the customer, working closely with them in order to be a true partner.
Key Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Develop and implement tailored merchandising solutions optimising the category opportunity for customers
- Advise customers on all elements of the marketing mix
- Provide insight to the business regarding the promotions, product availability and price
- Drive change programmes to improve promotional efficiency
- Develop and manage systems for data collection and distribution
- Ensure that our client is the first point of contact for category insight
- Evaluate and optimise promotional performance within specified account ensuring the retailer pursues a strategy that adds value
- Develop and implement merchandising solutions
- Maintain and sustain agenda and effective relationships
To be considered for this position, you must have a proven back ground in Category Management, having worked for major FMCG businesses. Ideally you will have worked with Tesco in the past so that you have an understanding of Dunnhumby. However, candidates with experience of other top four grocers and exposure to other data providers such as Nielsen and Kantar are also desirable. You must be commercially minded and be able to turn insight into strong commercial propositions. You will be confident in dealing with customers face to face and have excellent presentation skills as a result.
Other Key Requirements Include:
- High attention to detail
- Be self-motivated
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong team player
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
If you have the relevant experience and skills outlined above then please don’t hesitate to apply with a copy of your CV and covering information.
Apply for CATEGORY MANAGER – TESCO
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly