Department Shift Manager - PM shift
Department Shift Manager - Tuesday-Saturday PM shift (2.00pm – 10.30pm)
Reporting to the Production Manager you, will be instrumental in managing the day-to-day and longer-term activities of your department. This will involve accountability for attaining daily production plans whilst effectively managing your resources in line with the business’s KPIs and ensuring adherence to GMP standards.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILTIES
In this role your success will be measured by your:
• Management, training and development of Team Leaders and their teams to ensure optimum effectiveness
• Achievement of KPI’s in relation to production efficiencies, people, quality and profitability, through a continuous improvement approach
• Ensuring a safe working environment by taking a pro-active stance towards health & safety issues
• You will be able to plan, structure and organise work in order to set relevant objectives, key logical plans, prioritise critical tasks and monitor progress.
• Co-ordination of permanent and temporary labour during shift
• You will have to liaise with all other areas of the business to ensure successful achievement of manufacturing targets
KNOWLEDGE AND SPECIFIC JOB SKILLS
• Experience in a supervisory / management capacity within a chilled food environment.
• Hands- on experience of high care is preferred although you may be required to work in other areas of the business
• Commercial awareness and a strong commitment towards quality and customer service
• A resilient, credible leadership style with the ability to inspire, coach and develop your team
• The ability to work, under pressure, on your own initiative and to ‘think outside the box’
• Good understanding of HACCP
• Knowledge and experience of managing absence, performance and conduct issues
• To be eligible to work in the UK
• Level 2 or above Food Safety
• Level 2 or above Health and Safety