Shift Production Manager ****4 Positions Available ****
Shift Production Manager : 4 Positions Available
£38,000 - £40,000 Plus Overtime
As the Shift Production Manager you will be responsible for the coordination and monitoring of the production facility on shift; ensuring products are produced in proper quantities, meet established quality standards at the lowest possible cost, and are available for delivery to customers as scheduled.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Organise resources on a daily basis to produce the required quality and quantity of packed products as directed by production schedule.
- Responsible for ensuring budgeted recoveries are achieved on shift.
- Monitor and control all line conditions.
- Organise and co-ordinate activities of all operatives on shift
- Liaise with QA to monitor finished product quality.
- Ensure production line checks are carried out.
- Ensure that all correct paperwork is available for the operators to allow them to carry out their duties
- Ensure factory hygiene/sanitation standards are maintained at all times ensuring the production facility is audit ready.
- Ensure cleaning standards are adequately maintained at the end of production run and be responsible for ensuring sanitation has been carried out efficiently, and completely, and that it meets agreed standards.
- To manage, motivate and develop accordingly the team ensuring their compliance with all company policy and procedures, including health and safety, food safety.
- Work closely with the engineering team to minimising any down time.
- Ensure health & safety standards are maintained at all times.
- Ensure risk assessments are up to date and reviewed on time.
- To ensure food safety standards are maintained.
- To ensure Environmental standards are maintained
- Attend daily meetings with the shift supervisor
Essential Skills & Criteria
- Proven effective management of within a fast-paced manufacturing/processing or other FMCG environment.
- Strong management skills with an excellent background in improving efficiencies
- Leading by example, motivate and encourage good team working; identifying training and monitoring performance
- Ability to prioritise and plan in fast paced pressurised environment
- A "can do will do" attitude
- The ability to bring the best performance through others