7 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Senior Buyer - FMCG
£40,000 - £45,000
As the Senior Buyer you will be responsible for sourcing, negotiating, agreeing and managing contracts with suppliers for the sites raw materials and services, in order to deliver the most competitive overall cost of supply.
You will also deal with the day to day management of these suppliers, whilst ensuring all quality, food standards are met and raw materials are sourced from technically approved suppliers.
You will assist in the management of site based purchasing function, deputising for the Purchasing Manager and covering for site Buyer/s as required.
- The proposal of suppliers for raw materials or services to site, to the Purchasing Manager.
- Develop and implement appropriate long and short term strategic and tactical initiatives in order to achieve specific buying, sourcing targets.
- Assist in the delivery of the sites, departments & group purchasing’s KPI’s
- Write and manage a source plan for each of their categories, which will include; risk to the business by commodity and have a robust contingency plan in place.
- Provide the business with up-to-date knowledge on suppliers, markets and trends.
- Have input into the sites purchasing strategy, including Budgets and 4 Year plans
- Implementing and maintaining effective systems to support the department and group purchasing.
- Support and assist in the effective and appropriate sourcing and pricing of New Product Development and improvement activities.
- Develop close working relationships and promote overall integration with NPD, Planning, Commercial, Technical and Finance teams to ensure strong formal link on all purchasing activities.
- Purchasing experience within the food industry is essential, ideally in chilled own label.
- Ideally CIPS / GAP trained negotiator.
- Financial awareness; understanding product and material costings, margins, company accounts and budget setting.
- Knowledge of the key market commodities and suppliers within these markets.
- Specific experience of key ingredient / packaging supply markets.
- Credible understanding of the technical requirements of a quality food manufacturer.
Apply for Senior Buyer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly