Packaging Innovation Manager, West Midlands
Make a real difference as a Packaging Innovation Manager! Inspire and develop new technologies to give the business a competitive advantage.
Our client is a large food manufacturer, developing both branded and own label products for major UK retailers.
As a continuously growing and developing site, there is a new opportunity for an experienced Packaging Innovation Manager, reporting to the Head of NPD - UK.
As Packaging Innovation Manager, you will be responsible for driving commercial growth by identifying new technical opportunities, and developing them into new and existing products, in order to provide the business with a competitive advantage. You will primarily be based out of the site in the West Midlands, with occasional travel to other UK sites and customers is required.
- Instigate and inspire packaging strategies to develop them into market leading solutions
- To ensure the smooth running or new packaging from concept to launch
- Manage all packaging technical activities relating to the introduction of new technologies
- Liaise with design houses, collating information from relevant internal teams
- Manage timescales of projects in order to meet required deadlines
- Manage packaging trials and transit, reporting day to day site issues to Technical, Operations and Purchasing Departments
- Directly responsible for managing a Packaging Development Technologist
- Keep up to date with newly developed packaging industry trends and ideas used by competitors
- Ensure all packaging development is compliant with legal requirements
- Drive cost savings and rationalisation
- Full technical knowledge of reprographics and printing processes
- To work with multi-channel and multi manufacturing sites
- Ideally, you will be educated to degree level
- Previous experience working in the packaging industry, ideally within food manufacturing
- Good project management skills and experience
- Strong problem solving, analytical and presentation skills
- Structured approach to work, well organised and adaptable
- Customer focused, strategic thinker who takes accountability for decisions
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively amongst a team
Please send an up to date CV today to avoid missing out!
To assist you searching for a role by location - we have added a generic postcode, when uploading the advert, that designates the centre of the county in which this job is found. You may not see this on certain job boards.
REF. YEB13730 By Focus Management
Follow Focus Management on Twitter @foodjob
Focus Management Consultants Ltd, Tel: +44 (0) 1625 560778