NPD Food Technologist
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an NPD Food Technologist to join our clients based in Wisbech. The key emphasis of this role is to facilitate NPD projects within the company with tasks ranging from R&D work on a small scale through to full scale factory trails and launch.
You will be responsible for:
- Development and launch of new products to meet product briefs within food safety, legality and quality parameters
- Overall awareness of comparative products for all major retailers and brands
- Keeping up to date with competitor launches and consumer trends
- Comprehensive understanding of HACCP and the importance of considering HACCP in the early stages of development
- Identification of new raw materials for projects and liaison with procurement following material and supplier approval
- Participate in post launch reviews, tracking post launch review actions to close out
- Engage in research of new processes that may provide commercial advantage
- Provide documentation and specifications for factory trials, supplier approval, raw material specifications, costing and finished products
- Coordinate customer visits and produce and deliver presentations
- Compile supplier information and certification on a year round basis and regularly updating approved supplier documents
- Produce samples for and carry out consumer research on new products in house and externally, liaising with Marketing
Our Client is looking for an individual who has the ability to communicate at all levels with confidence and professionalism. In return, our client offers an excellent remuneration package, an enjoyable working environment and the opportunity to join a well-established business.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- A level Maths and English
- Food Technology/Science degree
- Previous experience of development role and systems
- Sound understanding of new product launch process
- Good PC skills including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and manage a number of projects at any one time
If you feel you meet the criteria then we would like to hear from you. Please note you may be subject to various assessments as part of the recruitment process.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, unfortunately we are unable to provide individual feedback. If you have not heard from us within 7 days, please assume that your application has not been successful.