Supplier Assurance Controller
5 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Supplier Assurance Controller, based in the Peterborough region, to 30k plus benefits.
Thr role is to ensure that the company produces products in line with current legislation, safely and to the highest quality in line with the companies policies, procedures and specifications. To offer advice and guidance with regards to the quality, food safety and hygiene requirements in the production process from raw materials through to dispatch of the product.
To maintain the Supplier Approval System, ensuring that all Risk Assessments are completed and up to date in line with VACCP study, SAQs in place for all suppliers and that full up to date specifications for all raw materials handled on site, are reviewed at least annually.
Relationships and Authority:
- The Supplier Assurance controller reports directly to Group Technical Manager
- The Supplier Assurance controller will support wider business “as go to person” on all raw material enquires or technical information.
- Work closely with Quality manager/s on both sites and assist when required.
General Function and Tasks
- Provide quality assessment tools for high risk materials, conduct testing on intake.
- Check warehouse operatives are working within the warehouse procedures
- Conduct weekly H&H auditing as per schedule.
- Conduct external supplier audits where /when necessary
- Write audit reports and follow through non- conformances to conclusion
- Be responsible for gathering all raw materials for sampling and analysis as per the schedule
- Maintain the product testing schedules
- Maintain the sampling regime schedule for lab analysis
- Collate all finished goods and raw materials for lab analysis and arrange collection
- Record all analysis results neatly and accurately
- Work towards set KPI of approval of 10 suppliers per month. Update the product supplier database annually and on new ingredients coming on – complete with the risk assessment and schedule for testing
- Assess all the raw materials for allergen risk assessment and add to the allergen database
- Carry out raw material analysis to ensure all raw materials conform to specifications
- Carry out Moisture analysis where required
- Complete bulk density checks where required
- Advise group Technical Manager/QA Manager/s of potential non-conforming raw materials
- Escalate potential rejection to the QA manager/s and Technical Manager
- Report an rejections to Supply Chain , Procurement QA and Production
- Follow up the rejection with the supplier and ensure full closure
- Maintain and update the recording of supplier non-conformances
- Issue a monthly graph and report
Specifications and Suppliers
- Attend monthly HARA meetings with Supply Chain and Procurement to review suppliers – issues related to quality, delivery and format.
- Support & Manage all the Raw materials specifications on to the system ensuring all specifications A & B are signed.
- Approve new ingredient specifications.
- Complete initial supplier risk assessment.
- Complete supplier audits when required.
- Document supplier audits and close out non-conformances.
- Follow up raw material related customer complaints with the supplier follow up to close out
Shelf life samples
- Log and store as appropriate the finished product shelf life samples to enable easy access
- Maintain seed log and share with wider team
- To understand the company HACCP plan and how this translates to the process and production of safe products
- Report non-conformances to the quality technicians
- Physically segregate – mark up stock accordingly, when required
- Monitor that the quarantined stock is moving
- Maintain all documentation to ensure traceability information is recorded and retained.
- Highlight any issues and areas of improvement observed
Housekeeping and Hygiene
- Advocate high factory/warehouse standards and good house keeping including daily visual checks
- Inform staff of requirements to hygiene, training and coaching where required
- Support the QA Technicians by carrying out warehouse audits when required
- Support the QA Technicians by carrying Good Manufacturing Practice audits when required
- Adhere to the calibration schedule
- Complete Scale calibrations
- Record calibration results clearly as per requirements
Knife and Blade
- Monitor and report if warehouse is not using tools specified or in the condition specified by the company’s policies and procedures
- Conduct internal audits when required
- Report any issues to the appropriate team leader/QA Technician
- General Admin Duties when required
- Assist the technical team in production areas as required
- Suggest and look at new ways of working, monitoring and improving current systems
- Relevant Auditors Training
- Other training as required or identified
- The list is not exhaustive and additional task would be required to be completed
Entry Qualifications, Experience and skills:
- 2 years + within a food production or FMCG environment.
- Good communication skills (verbal & written).
- Able to work under pressure.
- Good problem solving skills with a logical approach.
- Able to work without direct supervision.
- Good knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Basic knowledge of food legislation.
- Attention to detail
Competencies for Success:
- Organisational skills
- Good communication skills
- Time management
- Customer focus
- Adaptable style
- Can do approach to all tasks
Apply for Supplier Assurance Controller
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly