MM Production Operative
5 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
MM Production Operative
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week, 5 days out of 7, alternating weekend work may be required.
Based at: Ronald House, Chatteris
Overall Purpose of the Role:
To assist in the delivery and maintaining of daily orders in the most cost effective manner, whilst adhering to all company policies and procedures.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Supporting the training strategy and Company plan for General Operatives and new starters as directed by their Section Leaders/Team Leader
- Support with all operational areas in accordance with reasonable management request
- Administer ERP System
- Support and assist in the training of all operatives, ensuring that all Standard Operating Procedures are adhered to when conducting day-to-day manufacture and production requirements.
- To be responsible for all equipment/packaging/food collecting and returning back to the designated areas (racking/packaging area)
- To be responsible for the delivery/ visual checking of all raw materials brought to line.
- To assist with stock counts, recording of waste/market on line and end stock. Highlighting any discrepancies to the Section/Team Leader.
- To be responsible for the recording/labelling and palletising of all finished goods.
- Ensure all specifications and orders of makes are followed at all times as per customer requirements.
- To assist the Section/Team Leader in achieving and maintaining key performance indicators.
- To assist the Section/Team Leader with the label control procedure, the signing in/out of labels. Ensuring all policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure all company requirements with regards to the safety, quality and legality of the product are adhered to.
- Adhere to Company’s clean as you go policy at all times.
Health & Safety Responsibilities
- Positively promote a Health & Safety culture
- Report any unsafe practises or conditions
- Help promote a continuous culture of improvement throughout all areas.
- To support and assist in the implementation of all lean techniques and continuously improve the process.
- To support in maintaining targets and KPI’s
- Ensure the team clearly understand the quality standards required by our customers and the internal requirements of our quality systems and procedures.
- Ensure that all customers’ specifications are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure the orders of makes if and when required are followed at all times.
Hygiene and Housekeeping Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with hygiene rules and requirements.
- Maintain a hygienic, clean and tidy working environment at all times.
- Ensure conformance to work wear requirements.
- Positively promote a culture of hygiene and housekeeping.
- Understand and comply with the company environmental policy.
- Previous experience within Fresh Produce / Food Production / FMCG environment.
- Literacy entry level 2
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Team player.
- Positive, ‘can do’ attitude
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Product knowledge
- Literacy Entry Level 3
- Experience with ERP systems
Apply for MM Production Operative
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly