3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Job Title: MM Operative (Intake/ Despatch)
Hours of Work: 5 days out of 7, 35 hours per week.
This is an excellent opportunity to join our growing businesses where our unique culture encourages all employees to reach their full potential and we can offer further progression and training to support your career growth. In addition, MM offer a highly competitive salary and benefits packages, along with the opportunities to develop a long term career within the industry.
Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate previous experience ideally within the food /flowers / FMCG industry and/or have qualifications relevant to the roles they are applying for, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, be self-motivated and hungry for success, able to work as part of a team and comfortable working to very challenging targets.
Purpose of the role:-
To be responsible for the movement of dry and live raw materials across intake, production and despatch. To be multi-skilled in all disciplines of the operational areas and support the various functions where the business requires.
Main roles and responsibilities:-
- Supporting the training strategy and Company plan for General Operatives and new starters as directed by their Section Leaders
- Support with all Operational areas in accordance with reasonable management request
- Administer ERP System
- Communicate with key stakeholders across the business including Drivers and customers
- Abide by the Company requirements with regards to safety, quality and ensure legality of products are adhered to.
- Act accordingly with Health & Safety policy and ensure a safe working environment.
- Follow procedures for Warehouse protocols and abide by company policies at all times
- Manage drivers on site and their paperwork.
- Assist in preparation of the stores for on-site efficiency.
- Conduct administrative task with the Enterprise Resource Planning (“ERP”) System or paperwork when required.
- Ensure that pallet trucks are maintained and checked every day in accordance with related SOP’s.
- Ensure that stock products have a label with correct amount on the pallet, and correct consignment; all pallets taken in to and out of the stores are scanned in to the correct location.
- Ensure that pallets moved in and out of the warehouse or elsewhere on site are stacked and strapped in a safe and risk free manner.
- Assist with trailer plans, intake and despatch paperwork as and when required.
- Demonstrate an understanding and deliver Key Performance Indicators (“KPI’s”)
Intake Dry and Live Goods Responsibilities
- Checking and inputting deliveries with the incoming stock. Checking the quality of incoming stock.
- Waste management - ensuring all damaged stock is counted, stored, reported to Manager to enable appropriate management.
- Carry out stock count of raw materials on a regular basis as requested by Line Manager and amend Rubicon system accordingly.
- Supporting the production team with picking and delivering to lines.
- Unload and confirm arrival quantities against expected consignment reports and liaise with Quality Control and supply chain teams.
- Ensure products are scanned and located correctly to the stores using the Warehouse Management System (“WMS”).
- Liaise with Intake to fast track any product required for the Production lines.
- Ensuring all products are scanned to works orders.
- Ensuring all returned products are accurately recorded and labelled with the correct number of boxes and stem counts.
- Scan all returning products to their correct locations.
- To pick stock based on age and ratio.
- To pick conditioning when required
- Working as a team to ensure the picking, scanning, labelling, and palletisation of all customers finished goods meet the requirements set out by each customer’s specific guidelines / Supplier handbook.
- Engage with production teams to ensure depot out-loads times and volumes are fulfilled - On Time, In Full.
- Loading and unloading of vehicles and equipment.
- Generating advanced shipment notification (“ASNs”) through the ERP System
- Understand the computer aspect of the role with regards to printing of delivery notes, checking direct mail volumes.
- Ensure that the RFID compliance is met within the supply chain (PAV scanning). Ensuring the electronic delivery note (“EDNs”) match the actual outload.
- Generate pallet labels and ensure accuracy of information for traceability purposes.
- Pick to zero, meet the customer order, work with changes.
- Demonstrate a full understanding of the depot times and requirements.
- To support in Production areas when requested
- Ensure all gift cards have been sleeved, verified and delivered to the Packhouse in the required time for production requirements.
- Ensure all labels have been efficiently and correctly verified in line with the production plan.
- Ensure label verification sheets are checked and sign for before labels are released to production.
- Monitor Customer orders to ensure correct labels are issued to the pack house within required
- Time scales.
- Follow Print Plans to ensure smooth change overs within production.
- Work in collaboration with all Operational departments including Production to pro-actively report any issues.
- Ensuring that all stores are kept in a clean, itemised and organised order.
- Ensure store space is utilised efficiently.
- Understanding ‘Key Performance Indicators’ and how the daily SOP’s contribute towards them.
- Adhere and promote the Company’s clean as you go policy at all times.
- Experience within Fresh Produce / Food Production / FMCG environment.
- Hold a valid (refreshed) Counterbalance Forklift Licence.
- Good standard of education, specifically in English and Maths.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and build relationships with internal and external personnel.
- Team player able to focus on departmental goals whilst respecting the needs of others.
- Excellent organisation and delegation skills.
- Able to identify opportunities for process and operational improvements and implement appropriate changes to deliver these benefits.
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks with potentially conflicting requirements.
- Accustomed to working with and meeting time critical deadlines
- Data inputting and analytical skills.
- Good working knowledge of Word, Excel software applications.
- Demonstrate an eagerness in personal development.
Apply for MM Operative
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly