New Technical Management vacancy based in North Yorkshire (Harrogate / Ripon area)
Salary to 55k, 33 days holiday per annum, family healthcare, pension.
Chilled high risk food manufacture.
Key Purpose of Role / Aim
State the primary function of or overall purpose of the position.
- Manage the week to week Technical aspects of the site.
- Manage and update the Quality Manual Systems for the business.
- Lead the technical external audits on site.
- Organise through the QA Manager, the QA Technicians to ensure that all planned duties, checks and validations are conducted on time.
- Keep the Quality Manual for the business up to date incorporating, manual amendments, code of practice analysis, audit non-conformance analysis, self assessment questionnaire management, keeping up to date with legislation and conducting the annual reviews of risk assessments and suppliers.
- Assist with the training of the Quality Team.
- Conduct performance/disciplinary counselling where appropriate.
- Manage the micros testing of product and site environment.
- Manage the Technical budget for the site.
- Focus on site/group key performance indicators.
- Manage the Quality Team at site.
- The role is site based at Harrogate.
- Lead Auditor or equivalent.
- HACCP (minimum level 3) or equivalent.
- Food Safety (minimum intermediate level).
Skills, abilities and specialised knowledge
- 3 to 5 years in Food Manufacturing.
- Experience within major retailer / wholesaler audits.
- Have effective communication skills.
- Prioritising and time management.
- Good I.T. skills.