Location: Chatteris, Cambridgeshire
Overall Purpose of the Role:
To manage the maintenance activity within the department (Preventative and Breakdown maintenance and Improvement activities) to assist in the delivery of an effective operation on a day to day basis and in the future.
Monitor and investigate opportunities for continuous improvement in equipment performance, using KPI’s and Visual Management techniques.
Take active responsibility for all matters relating to on site water quality and safety.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Manage a Planned Preventative Maintenance programme.
- Assist as directed / required with improvement and capital expenditure programs to ensure that projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Manage engineering team to prioritise activities such as reactive maintenance, breaks etc. in order to provide a fast response to breakdowns within the manufacturing areas to ensure that equipment “up time” is kept to a maximum.
- Actively support and encourage a programme of TPM and assist with the training of colleagues in the relevant activities, in accordance with H&S and engineering legislative codes of practice policies and procedures.
- Ensure that any maintenance is carried out in accordance with the appropriate risk assessment and method statement in accordance with H&S and engineering legislative codes of practice policies and procedures.
- Support with additional maintenance tasks across the UK sites as and when requested.
- Manage and control work permits for contractors.
- Oversee the resourcing within the department to ensure that Working Time Directive and ETI Base Code obligations are met.
- Manage staff holiday rotas.
This is not an exhaustive list of all the tasks and the role might include additional duties associated with smooth running of the department.
- Engineering Maintenance experience in a high volume, fast moving environment supplying retailers, ideally gained within the Fresh Produce or Horticultural sectors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Must be flexible in approach to work and able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, whilst maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Microsoft office experience - word, excel.
- Proven experience in driving through continuous improvement activities.
- Excellent Planning and organisational skills with an eye for detail.
- Experience in maintaining standard industry machinery including conveyor belt systems, bucket fillers and strapping machines.
- PPM programe experience/LEAN manufactoring
- Citrus bias – knowledge of GIRO and MPACK
- Working to British Retail Consortium (BRC) standards with regard to Hygiene and Cleanliness standards would be advantageous but not essential.