Location: Chatteris, Cambridgeshire
Hours of Work: 40 hours, working 5 days in 7 days per week. May be required to work weekends and additional hours dependent on business needs.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
- The planning of fruit production by individual line numbers and SKU’s using the Rubicon Warehouse management system in order to ensure that orders are completed on time and as efficiently as possible.
- Monitor current raw material stock holding levels against forecasted short term order volumes. Advise the Product Specialists of the volume of stock that needs to be transferred to site from our off site storage facility in order to meet forecasted volumes.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Creating demand and usage from weekly forecasts given by commercial department for both raw materials and packaging.
- Updating the MRP and ERP systems with all forecasts and monitoring the sales vs the forecasts and making necessary adjustments with suppliers and production schedules.
- Ensuring accuracy of the MRP System.
- Ensuring there is adequate raw materials and packaging to meet production demands.
- Communicating effectively with all departments on a daily basis.
- Planning ahead covering range changes and peaks for raw materials and packaging.
- Reviewing daily/weekly forecasts and highlighting anomalies.
- Plan the production lines and allocate labour against available capacity in order to ensure that orders are completed on time and as efficiently as possible.
- Identify areas where costs can be critical based on your decisions and work your line manager to control and improve.
- Ensuring raw materials are available to complete production schedules.
- Daily publishing of work schedules ensuring all customer orders are met and out-loading profiles are adhered too.
- Monitoring the raw material usage; minimising waste; ensuring accurate availability on a daily and weekly basis.
- Monitoring stock dwell time to ensure materials are on site 24 hours prior to usage.
- Managing the call off of raw materials in line with guidelines.
- Coordinating and advising the packhouse on stock availability.
- Ensure that sufficient stock is on site to satisfy short term order volumes and highlight any potential shortfalls.
- Monitor on site and off site stock levels highlighting and removing any slow moving items so that the sites limited chiller space is used as efficiently as possible.
- Daily allocations of transfer volumes and references to the off-site storage facilities to ensure accurate transfer delivery times to meet the production schedule by line requirement.
This is not an exhaustive list of all the tasks and the role might include additional duties associated with smooth running of the department.
- Experience in a similar role within Fresh Produce / Food Production / FMCG environment.
- Proficient at using IT systems, with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel packages
- Experience with Rubicon ERP System.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent numerical and literacy skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and with own initiative
- Good understanding and appreciation of wider business challenges and interactions. i.e. the interface between technical and commercial requirements alongside those of production, planning and stock management.
- Driving Licence
- Further education in Office / Business Administration or relevant Planning qualification.
- Excellent problem solving and analysis skills.