Location: Chatteris, Cambridgeshire
Hours of Work: 40 hours, working 5 days in 7 days per week. May be required to work weekends and additional hours dependent on business needs.
Overall Purpose of the Role:
- Ensure the smooth operation of the production facility by ensuring the efficient flow of raw materials from the grower, storage and delivery to the Packhouse, ensuring the efficient scheduling of the production facility.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Creating demand and usage from weekly forecasts given by commercial department for both raw materials and packaging.
- Responsible for potential service issues.
- Responsible for long term capacity planning of the production facility.
- Updating and ensuring accuracy on ERP systems as appropriate with all forecasts and monitoring the sales vs the forecasts and making necessary adjustments with suppliers and production schedules.
- Ensuring there is adequate raw materials and packaging to meet production demands.
- Communicating effectively with all departments on a daily basis.
- Forward planning covering range changes and peaks for raw materials and packaging.
- Reviewing daily/weekly forecasts and highlighting significant changes to commercial and production teams where relevant.
- Ensuring raw materials are available to complete production schedules
- Daily publishing of work schedules ensuring all customer orders are met and out-loading profiles are adhered too.
- Monitoring the raw material usage; minimising waste; ensuring accurate availability on a daily and weekly basis.
- Monitoring stock dwell time to ensure materials are on site 24 hours prior to usage.
- Managing the call off of raw materials in line with guidelines.
- Coordinating and advising the packhouse on stock availability.
- Ensure that sufficient stock is on site to satisfy short term order volumes and highlight any potential shortfalls.
- Monitor on site and off site stock levels highlighting and removing any slow moving items so that the sites limited chiller space is used as efficiently as possible.
- Daily allocations of transfer volumes and references to the off-site storage facilities to ensure accurate transfer delivery times to meet the production schedule by line requirement.
This is not an exhaustive list of all the tasks and the role might include additional duties associated with smooth running of the department.
- Experience in a similar role within Fresh Produce / Food Production / FMCG environment.
- IT Literate – High level of IT literacy with extensive working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Planning Management experience in a labour intensive, high volume, fast moving environment supplying retailers, probably gained within the Food, Fresh Produce or Horticultural sectors.
- Experience within a management role within production environment is essential along with operating within a KPI’s driven structure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Excellent leadership, problem solving and analysis skills.
- Commercial awareness.
- Understanding of budget targets and KPI’s that influence fruit / flowers production..
- Flexible, challenges the norm and has a positive approach to change.
- A cost focussed individual who continually assesses the impact of their decisions on the financial performance of the packhouse.
- An innovative individual who responds positively to a challenge and remains calm and focused and has the ability to think outside the box.
- An approachable individual with integrity who is willing to listen and actively encourage subordinates to contribute to the success of the team.
- Personally driven to succeed with a can do passionate approach.
- Driving Licence
- Relevant Planning / Management qualification